St. Laurence Catholic Church is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Youth Minister. This position is part of a dynamic team that serves middle school youth, high school youth, and Confirmation candidates. You will collaborate with two other youth ministers in the planning of weekly faith formation sessions and other special events including retreats.
This parish uses the Life Teen and EDGE models and typically offers youth the opportunity to attend a Steubenville Conference and a Life Teen summer camp. You will also have primary responsibility for some elements of ministry such as bible studies/peer spiritual support groups and ongoing accompaniment of individual youth. This is a full-time position requiring some evening and weekend work. Sundays are regular work days and there are overnight retreats several times per year.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Roman Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church
- Previous Youth Ministry experience 1-3 years preferred
- Preferred Training: Theology or Education degree preferred. Completion of (or in the process of completing) FTCM (Formation Toward Christian Ministry) and catechist certificate will be considered.
- Basic Certificate in Youth Ministry within first year of employment
- Basic Life Teen Training within first year of employment
- Safe Environment cleared
- Working Skills: communication (interpersonal/oral/written/phone), organization, multi-tasking, public speaking and collaboration skills
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Publisher, Power Point, Outlook), Flocknote and database management
- Ability to develop relationships with and mentor teens
- Ability to communicate professionally and partner with parents/guardians/sponsors and adult Core Team members
- Fast learner and self-starter who works well under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
For consideration please submit resume and cover letter.