OCP is a self-supporting, not-for-profit, Catholic publishing company whose mission is to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to all, primarily through the publication of the highest-quality worship programs and spiritually-enriching music. A growing opportunity exists to support this mission by creating modern and highly usable software-based experience for our customers, including both mobile and web-based applications.
Our Senior Web Applications Developer has a knack for connecting a variety of complex and differing data sources into a smooth user experience. By now you have completed a wide variety of challenging projects including at least a few SPA/PWA or mobile-first solutions. You have also seen your way through a few really big all-hands challenges by now and feel you are a strong team contributor. You aren’t so worried about building against DXM-like microservices, a 3rd party identity management platform, or endpoints firewalled behind OAuth – in fact some might even say you’re a bit of an expert in these domains. And you will feel comfortable in our existing PHP / Laravel environment as an immediate contributor to current product development.
We are a group built around empathy, humility, and a passion for working together to create apps that help people of faith draw closer to God.
The Senior Web Applications Developer (III) enables OCP to technologically develop, enhance, and operate online properties including websites, browser-based applications, mobile computing, and integration interfaces (APIs).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Works with product owners, scrum masters, and other technical resources in an Agile software development cycle, solving technological issues to create smooth and modern experiences for OCP customers.
· Develops, implements, tests, deploys, and supports new and existing online properties and applications consistent with company standards and industry norms.
· Advocates for sustainable non-monolithic solutions, low tech debt, strong unit test coverage and industry standard deployment processes.
· Also advocates for high quality customer experiences, industry standards, and best practices.
· Sets a positive example in code documentation and peer review.
· Coordinates specific development, enhancement, and supports projects.
· Assists the Application Development Manager and Software Development Lead to facilitate, support, and mentor the daily efforts of other team members as well as project contractors and vendors. Includes training and onboarding in OCP technologies and processes.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Monitors and maintains online production (live) systems 24x7 which may require additional efforts during widespread outages and as part of the after-hours and weekend rotating on-call coverage.
· Manages and administers server-based applications and databases for online properties.
· Assists in deployment of programming code for online properties (development, staging, production environments).
· Assists in the survey and prototype of technological solutions related to music publishing and OCP's online properties.
· Documents and implements database and searching solutions to enable online properties.
· Collaborates in the implementation and maintenance of other Information Technology Division initiatives including business systems, networking, applications, and server support.
· Assists in training other developers.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combined experience specializing in software development, programming, or database implementation.
· Five or more years professional software development experience (at least 3 years in online, web, or mobile development).
· Demonstrate experience with microservices, event driven patterns, and distributed architectures which allow deep reuse across a wide variety of devices and technologies.
· Capable of being an immediate and productive contributor to OCP’s current PHP and Laravel based application development process.
· Experience developing within an Agile working team.
· Demonstrated ability to think creatively, solve problems, and collaborate to find solutions.
· Advanced analytical skills dealing with complex data problems and implementing realistic solutions.
· Experience developing and/or leading multiple projects simultaneously.
· Experience developing with a source control system such as Git.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC).
OCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any category protected by law. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization.
TO APPLY: Visit www.ocp.org/en-us/careers, click on View Current Openings, click on the position title and submit your application along with the requested application materials.