We are seeking a dynamic, faithful, bilingual person to help foster growth in stewardship within our parish as we carry out our recent pastoral plan. We speak of stewardship in the fullest sense—the full grateful response of Christian disciples. The director will welcome new parishioners and help them find their place in the parish. Our growing evangelization and faith formation programs are developing people ready to serve the Lord; the director will help those people grow as leaders within the community. They will oversee various ministries and apostolates. They will also help people grow as generous givers. This person will galvanize, inspire, and challenge people to respond boldly to the Lord.
This would be a great job for someone with a background in social work wanting to use those skills to lead people closer to Jesus and His Church.
- Practicing Catholic who respects and upholds Catholic Church and actively practices stewardship in his or her own parish.
- Pastoral fluidity in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to understand and work in both Anglo and Hispanic environments.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and volunteers
- Ability to honor and maintain confidentiality
- Strong computer skills
- Building relationships with parishioners and inspiring them to become more committed while helping them to discern their own gifts and callings.
- Welcoming new parishioners and helping them to become familiar with our parish life.
- Training and supervising, either directly or indirectly, those involved in various acts of stewardship and leadership within the parish.
- With a team of parishioners, monitoring parishioners’ stewardship commitments, providing appropriate support for those who may be in need, and holding people accountable to their commitments.
- Making recommendations to the pastor as to which families should be sponsored for Catholic education.
- Collaborate with the pastor and with other members of the parish staff, integrating his or her own area of responsibility with the overall parish mission.
- This is envisioned as a 5-day-a-week job, but it does require working Sundays. A day-off will be given during the week.