The Director of Admissions is responsible for all aspects of the admissions process, including developing and implementing recruitment strategies; guiding students and families through the admission process; tracking and reviewing candidate applications; generating final admission and scholarship decisions; recruiting newly admitted students to enroll; (on-going recruiting and retaining newly accepted students) and engaging in effective community outreach to (new populations and geographical areas) expand the Sacred Heart Academy brand.
The Director of Admissions plays a vital leadership role at the school, serving as a member of the Strategic Advancement Team, the Financial Aid Committee, and the Strategic Communications Team that sets strategy and seeks synergies that align and strengthen the school’s programming and reputation.
In addition, the Director of Admissions reports regularly at meetings of the Board of Trustees and has an important voice and role in the school’s strategic planning efforts.
Admissions & Enrollment Management Responsibilities:
- Develops a comprehensive plan to promote Sacred Heart Academy to prospective incoming students & families, transfer students and parents with a goal of meeting enrollment goals
- Works closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop the overall marketing plan and supporting elements for the School and works strategically with the school’s internal constituents to ensure an integrated, engaging and effective brand position for recruitment
- Assists in the development and strategic implementation of the marketing plan with the purpose of promoting the school’s visibility and general recruitment efforts.
- Develops an inquiry pipeline through outreach (elementary school visits), elementary and middle school relations, use of the web and emerging technologies, digital marketing and communication strategies, school visits (Open House, the SHAdow program, and tours) publications, and correspondence
- Effective use of CRM technologies to offer data-driven approaches and analytical reviews of all admissions related data
- Conducts market research and uses data-driven approaches to drive recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting, and operational efficiency to help increase enrollment and retention
- Organizes and coordinates the annual Open House & Accepted Students Day for prospective students and families and other on-campus recruiting initiative in addition to recruitment visits to feeder schools
- Develops new strategies for current visitation program (i.e. campus tours, etc.) for prospective students and families.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with key middle school constituents, including elementary and middle school principals, guidance counselors and teachers, as well as Church pastors and Directors of Religious Education.
- Coordinates the administration of the school-based Admissions Test.
- Evaluates and executes admission decisions on applicant files.
- Organizes the registration process for new students.
- Assists school administration with orientation programs for new and transfer students.
Financial Aid Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Director of Finance to develop financial aid strategies and coordinate the financial aid application process for incoming freshman and transfer students including the notification process.
Successful candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in admission and financial aid
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with a demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional learning and growth
- Ability to understand and promote the unique qualities of Catholic girls’ schools
- Personal and professional alignment with Sacred Heart Academy’s mission as an all-girls Catholic high school sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph
Commensurate with experience
Immediately or no later than July 1, 2022