Mary's Shelter in Elberta Al, is a Homeless shelter for pregnant women that is seeking a compassionate and highly efficient team player to assist in the maintaining of a positive social, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual living environment for pregnant mothers and their children. We are staffed 24/7. This position is on a floating schedule- 24 hour per week (primarily 3pm-11pm shifts) Candidate must be able to work a flexible schedule (including nights and weekends) and have a good driving record. Pay is $12/ hour.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Attending to resident needs and helping to resolve issues.
* Teaching and advocating for the resident when necessary
* Monitoring the facilities in order to ensure resident safety and security.
* Participate in the proper operations of the home by enforcing house rules and policies.
* Preparing reports and maintaining appropriate documentation, as required.
* Facilitate multiple Life Skill courses for residents based on needs
* Overseeing congregate activities, such as meal times and life skill classes.
* Coordinating community service hours and other activities.
* Tracking residents, visitors, and volunteers within the home.
* Assisting with kitchen operations and clean-up as needed.
* Referring crisis situations or complex issues to the Supervisor.