● Serve as liaison to design, type, and print vendors both internal and external for the
digital newsletter (published biweekly) and the print magazine (published quarterly).
● Develop the layouts of publications and websites.
● Function as key staff leader for scheduling and tracking technical articles for
publications and working with Executive Director to preserve the integrity of the
● Work with Executive Director to coordinate proofing, copyediting, and quality control
primarily of all publications and perform copyediting and proofing as required.
● Oversee the electronic production of the newsletter and magazines.
● Design additional materials as required, include event programs.
1. Layout of newsletter and magazine
2. Setting schedules for and tracking copyediting, proofing for publications and websites.
3. Track manuscripts, work with authors and coordinate the author contacts, primarily for
4. Copyedit, proof, quality control for multiple websites.
5. Project leader for the development and maintenance of the electronic newsletter and
6. Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s in publishing, communications, or related field.
● At least one year in publishing and communications or related field.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES
Involves use of various procedures and application thereto of clearly prescribed standard
practices which require the making of some decisions and use of some judgment.
Under general supervision, proceeds alone on regular duties, referring questionable cases to
supervisor or others as required.