The Director of Campus Ministry provides vision and administrative leadership to the Center for Campus Ministry and reports to the Vice President for Student Life & Dean of Students. The Director serves the students and staff in Campus Ministry partnering with the University Chaplain to provide spiritual support and opportunities to grow in faith to the entire student body.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee a comprehensive campus ministry program in the areas of faith and leadership formation of students.
- Facilitate opportunities for spiritual development for Catholic students and students from other faith traditions.
- Manage and utilize Campus Ministry budget, office space, and supplies to support office ministries and events.
- Supervise Assistant Director and Campus Ministry Coordinator / Administrative Assistant and any other support staff to provide support and guidance in completion of administrative tasks in support of Campus Ministry.
- Evaluate the quality of campus ministry programs and services as well as request student feedback in the evaluation.
- Supervise student leaders and groups within Campus Ministry to provide formation empowering them to offer ministries and events on campus.
- Collaborate with current university-wide initiatives, including Mount Inclusive Excellence and social justice initiatives.
- Supervise and actively support retreat programs for students (e.g. Mountward Bound, semester retreats, and RCIA retreat).
- Supervise FOCUS team director to provide vision, integration, and support for FOCUS missionaries in their apostolate.
- Coordinate planning of events for the University calendar in cooperation with other offices and departments.
- Supervise Pastoral Field Education (PFE) seminarians to guide them in their support of the various non-liturgical offerings of Campus Ministry (RCIA, fellowship, men’s ministry, etc.) and coordinate liturgical support from seminarians with University Chaplain.
- Coordinate with seminarian Sport Chaplains to ensure the integration of their apostolate into the general non-liturgical ministry for students.
- Work with and support the University Chaplain on the scheduling of liturgical events.
- Attend Directors Meetings in the Division of Student Life and serve as a member of the Student Life leadership team.
- Participate and serve on campus wide committees as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of information including, but not limited to proprietary information, student, and employee personal information, etc.
Job Requirements: Education, Experience and Skills:
- Must be a Roman Catholic in good standing, understanding and supporting the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, including moral and pastoral teachings.
- Master’s degree in Theology (or a related field) preferred
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings when necessary
- 5-7 previous years of experience supporting and/or leading a campus ministry program or department.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to develop and foster relationships with a diverse student body.
- Ability to facilitate dialogue with all faiths on campus and communicate effectively across the Mount’s diverse student population.
- Must possess an understanding of and support the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, including moral and pastoral teachings.
This is a full-time position with full benefits and annual, holiday and sick leave. The university offers a generous benefits package, including tuition remission for graduate and undergraduate classes at Mount St. Mary’s University, retirement program with a match as well as a generous paid time off schedule. Competitive salary commensurate to experience.