Purpose: The director of development is responsible for carrying out the Strategic Plan of The Serra International Foundation (SIF) in collaboration with the SIF board and the executive director of Serra International in compliance with Article I of the SIF bylaws.
Reports to: Executive Director, Serra International
Serra International Foundation President, dotted line
- The Director of Development (Director) is responsible for creating and implementing the annual objectives and purposes to correspond to each of the SIF’s strategic plan goals, moving the SIF closer to meeting its five-year goals.
- The Director is responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating the annual fund program, building the donor base and increasing the amount of income each year.
- The Director will plan, direct, implement and evaluate all special fund-raising efforts, including major gift campaigns, planned giving, foundations, and memorial programs.
- The Director is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and developing relationships with donor prospects on behalf of SIF.
- The Director will develop and manage a marketing program for SIF in order to communicate a compelling case for support of Serra International.
- The Director will submit a monthly written report to the Executive Director and The President of SIF on all actives, particularly contacts with donors and prospective donors.
Professional skills and requirements
- Minimum of three years fundraising experience. Must have experience in annual fund, major gift fundraising and project management.
- Proficiency with technology, including virtual meeting platforms, fundraising software, and Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel.
- Strong writing and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel throughout the US, both by air and using own vehicle.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and report regularly to the Executive Director and Board President.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff members in completing projects.
- Ability to attend periodic staff meetings in person and work in-office and virtually.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Belief in the mission of Serra International.
- Understanding and acceptance of the ethical principals in the Donor Bill of Rights.
- A deep understanding of the Catholic Church.