Our Lady of Good Counsel (OLGC) Catholic Church & School (www.olgcva.org) is searching for a full-time principal accompanist. Competitive salary, with benefits commensurate with experience. Send a cover letter and resume to Candidates@olgcva.org.
TITLE: Principal Accompanist
REPORTS TO: Director of Liturgy
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide musical accompaniment for including but not limited to, Weekend Masses; accompanist for 3 music groups/choirs, rehearsals, and cantors.
- Provides music accompaniment for Holy Days and other parish liturgies.
- Provides musical accompaniment for weekly School Mass.
- Provides music accompaniment for Funerals and Weddings.
- Participate in and assist with the planning and/or coordinating of all parish liturgical celebrations working in concert with the Director of Liturgy.
- Assists the Director of Liturgy in providing musical formation to cantors, and members of the groups as needed for their individual musical growth and for the improvement of the music produced by the groups for the liturgies.
Formation and Catechesis
- Assists the Director of Liturgy to promote and develop a spirit of good liturgy and creating and promoting an environment in which service in liturgical ministries is experienced as a way to fulfill the mission of Our Lady of Good Counsel
- Keeps informed of developments in sacramental theology, liturgy, music, and the corresponding norms and guidelines through the continuing professional formation.
- Maintain memberships in local and national church music organizations for self and others in liturgy and music. Attend workshops and conventions as time and budget permit. Network with local and national Catholic Church musicians.
- Prepares the community to celebrate the liturgy utilizing the richness of the parish's various ethnic
- Must be comfortable and proficient in both traditional and contemporary repertoire and proficient on both the organ and piano.
- Undergraduate degree with a music performance/accompanist concentration is desired, but not required.
TO ACHIEVE PARISH MISSION
- In collaboration with the Pastor and all of the members of the parish staff, helps create an environment that will enhance the community's experience of the presence of God and bring about the spreading of the Gospel message. Is guided by the Gospel, the Parish Mission Statement, and the Spirituality of St. Francis De Sales.
- Attends appropriate diocesan liturgical and/or music meetings, NPM meetings, enrichment workshops, and conventions. Demonstrates a dedication to professional and spiritual development.
- Provides for one’s own continued growth and understanding of the Salesian Spirituality.
- Performs other tasks that further the objectives and purpose of the position and Our Lady of Good Counsel in its mission to enhance the spirituality and greater good of all.