Join a vibrant, growing Catholic school in Basking Ridge, New Jersey!
Saint James School in Basking Ridge, NJ is looking for a passionate Pre-Kindergarten teacher. The ideal candidate is NJ-state certified, strong in communication and verbal skills, and a team player who supports the school’s mission. Applicants should send resume and letters of recommendation to Sue Florendo, Principal, Saint James School. email@example.com
Required Knowledge/Abilities include:
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for relevant academic subjects
- Degree in Education, with a focus on early childhood learning.
- Ability to educate with age-appropriate language and teaching methods.
- Patience, optimism, compassion, enthusiasm, and empathy.
- Mediation skills for resolving conflicts between children.
- Creative mindset to plan innovative, exciting lessons.
- Ability to stand as a positive role model for impressionable minds.
- Evidence of self-motivation, willingness to be a team player, and a strong sense of personal responsibility.
- Ability and desire to implement feedback from school leaders and colleagues to become a more effective educator in service to our students.
- Ability to teach in a virtual or blended model as situations dictate.
- Members of the Catholic faith are preferred.
- Teaching children about core concepts, such as numbers, letters, shapes, and colors.
- Using creative, hands-on methods of learning, such as artistic expression, free play, and storytelling.
- Planning a curriculum that addresses early childhood education requirements.
- Encouraging and monitoring social interactions between children.
- Instilling a sense of respect and discipline, so that children work effectively in a classroom setting.
- Supervising children outside of class time, such as during lunch, out on the playground, or on field trips.
- Making sure that the classroom is clean, safe, and well-organized.
- Setting up the materials and workspaces required for class activities.
- Communicating with parents to learn more about each child's life outside the classroom.
- Creating reports to regularly inform parents about their children's progress at school.
- Prepare effective and engaging lessons to motivate and instruct students in accordance with curriculum guidelines
- Maintain a classroom that is conducive to learning, safe, attractive, and stimulates a spirit of inquiry.
- Participate in required faculty and professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Inspire, praise, and correct students with consistency, care, and interest to encourage academic success and promote virtue.
- Actively participate in marketing and student recruiting activities, as necessary.
- Perform special projects, during and after school hours, and other duties as assigned.
- Read and comply with the SJS Faculty Handbook, the SJS Parent-Student Handbook, and other manuals and procedures documents.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.