Title: Diocesan Youth Ministry Director (Full-time/Exempt)
Salary Range: Pay Grade E-7 $42,000 – $46,500
Education: Undergraduate degree in theology, adolescent psychology, religious education, secondary education, or related field. Preferred - graduate degree in theology, religious education, pastoral ministry or related field. Possess working knowledge of current Church doctrine.
Experience: Be a practicing Catholic in good standing and active in parish. Possess at least three (3) years of relevant, responsible, and documented parish, school, and/or diocesan experience. Demonstrated abilities for effective teaching skills and methodologies. Experience in using commonly utilized computer programs (Microsoft Suite applications like Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Access etc.). Experience in planning and coordinating seminars and other large-scale events. Experience in supervision and training in this ministry.
- Articulate the vision, values, goals and objectives that foster the development of Christian discipleship based on traditions and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, and the spiritual growth and leadership among the youth in our diocese and evaluate past goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership training and resources for the adults who assist and participate in youth ministries in the diocese.
- Assist clergy and staff in the education and formation of parish youth ministers.
- Research, evaluate and provide resources to support the ministry of youth in parishes.
- Collaborate with other diocesan offices, parishes, and civic organizations involved in Catholic education formation and evangelization in the diocese.
- Maintain consistent and positive contact with the adults working in youth ministry to keep them informed of ministry developments and offer support.
- Develop and communicate mission, policies and programs with parish coordinators of youth ministry.
- Establish and maintain an Advisory Council for Youth Ministry consisting of coordinators of youth ministry and youth leaders from each parish.
- Assist parishes in the coordination, collaboration, planning organization and implementation of diocesan level opportunities and events for middle school and high school youth, throughout the parishes to socialize, worship, serve and grow in the Catholic faith.
- Implement and coordinate retreats, workshops, networking, meetings, and other opportunities to gather as professionals in ministry.
- Assist if needed with local Scouts of America chapters on Catholic information, medals and badges.
- Be open to assignments from the Bishop.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and group communication; both written and spoken.
- Ability to function effectively in a team or collaborative ministry setting, even in a diverse population.
- Able to work nights and weekends as necessary.
- Travel as needed
Health insurance inclusive with dental. Also, an alternative HSA qualified health insurance plan
Supplemental vision insurance and other supplemental policies available
Employer paid life and long-term disability insurance
Flexible spending account for pretax medical expenses
Retirement 403(b) plan. Includes employer contribution based on years of service
Holidays, holy days, vacation, sick and bereavement days off
Annual employee retreat other events to continue to strengthen the working environment and support of each employee