The St. John Paul II Catholic Newman Center strives to be a Home for many hearts to know the depth of God’s love and a School to form authentic witnesses to love, truth, and life. The campus minister helps to run programs, events, retreats, and pastoral care to college students
Campus Minister Responsibilities:
Communication and Community Building
- Communicates with the Director regarding liturgy and prayer services, retreats, and events.
- Keeps social media platforms, website, and google calendars up-to-date.
- Creates electronic flyers and advertisements that attract college students.
- Supervises the student leaders that oversee different ministries.
- Willingness to engage in a “ministry of presence” within the Newman Center and Campus, as well as offering open office hours to serve the need of the students.
- Receive training in Evangelical Catholic to accompany students through intentional discipleship, one on one meetings, and leading small group Bible studies.
- Coordinate the formation process of candidates and catechumens, which would include teaching lessons and organizing other instructors.
Evangelization & Community Building
- Provides student leaders with different evangelization opportunities on campus.
- Oversees registered student organization with the University.
- Communicates regularly with the University to make sure guidelines for advertisement and on-campus events are being met.
- Help build teams for retreats each semester.
- Train and manage team leaders and provide formation once a semester for college students.
- Oversee beginning of the year freshman overnight retreat.
- Organize retreat schedule and be present to manage retreats.
- Coordinate retreat follow up with team leaders.
Events and Programing
- Initiates students’ involvement and organizes events that coordinate with: Quad Day, Welcome Week, Family Weekend, Homecoming Week, Siblings Weekend, and Commencements.
- Collaborates with Director and staff on weekly and annual events for students, families, alumni, and benefactors.
- Partners with music ministry teams to ensure beautiful liturgies.
- Organizes guest presentations for Advent and Lent.
- Practicing Catholic and in good standing with the Church
- Bachelor’s degree
- Open to flexible work schedule
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to Fr. Lucas at email@example.com