To lead our younger children to grow in faith and to create a safe space for them to do so while their parents attend the 10:30 AM Sunday Mass. Additionally, be available for Child Care opportunities at the parish for specific events.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Early Childhood Faith Formation Minister will oversee the following areas:
- Lead young children, from 2 years to 5 years, in activities, stories, games, and song to help them learn about faith.
- Interact positively with parents and children to create a safe space for the children to have faith-filled moments.
- Arrive on time for the Faith Formation sessions every Sunday of the month at 10 AM (except for holidays and when noted otherwise).
- Remain 15 minutes after the session ends for a debriefing and to receive instruction to prepare for the next session
- Come prepared for the sessions with the aligned curriculum
- Provide and supervise childcare alongside a group of volunteers for scheduled parish events
The candidate for Early Childhood Faith Formation Minister, ought to have the following criteria:
- Pass a criminal background check
- Obtain a Protecting God’s Children certificate
- Have some experience in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
The candidate for Early Childhood Faith Formation Minister ought to consider the following regarding this position:
- The position is a stipend position for $50 per event (each event is approx. 1 hour)
- It is important that candidates can serve from September through May.