Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is seeking a Regional Director of College Admissions - Chicago Area. This position will focus on the recruitment of students from the Chicago metropolitan area and other selected Midwestern areas. This regional recruiter is responsible for the planning, execution, and evaluation of the recruitment efforts in the market area of Chicago and the state of Illinois as well as additional states as a secondary market. This position needs to be familiar with admissions policies, as well as available opportunities at Saint Mary’s traditional campus in Winona, Minnesota and the Saint Mary’s campus in Minneapolis, Minnesota in order to counsel students and families on their options.
· Manage the recruitment efforts within the assigned territory by reviewing the strategic recruitment goals of the admissions office.
· Evaluate historical data and information to determine a recruitment plan.
· Plan and execute recruitment events to maximize outreach.
· Represent Saint Mary’s through a variety of events within the territory, including (but not limited to); information sessions, college fairs, admissions panels, high school visits, and other off-campus events such as meals and one-on-one sessions.
· Develop relationships with high school counselors, independent counselors, and community-based organizations within the territory, helping them to understand admissions policies and learn about opportunities for their students.
· Connect with local alumni to expand Saint Mary’s Alumni Admissions Volunteer Program by recruiting volunteers to assist with recruitment efforts, train alumni volunteers on admissions information to effectively volunteer at local events.
· Serve as the primary admissions contact for students and counselors within the territory, which includes handling a large volume of email and phone inquiries.
· Travel to Winona approximately once a month for training, updates, special events, and for other occasions in support of the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
· Participate (virtually or in person) in activities of the Undergraduate Admissions Office, including campus-based trainings, meetings, and committees. Perform special projects or assignments as required by the recruitment team or the office.
· Operating out of a home office that allows for the required travel in the established territory, as well as the ability to work autonomously.
· Independently manage a personal recruitment schedule, and assist in the development of the schedules of any other Saint Mary’s staff recruiting in the territory.
Essential Skills and Functions:
· Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and valuing diversity in the working and learning environment.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively alone and within a team environment.
· Have excellent verbal, written, presentation, and organizational skills.
· Exceptional customer service skills to effectively communicate with prospective students and their families.
· Be able to manage concurrent projects and accurately execute work with a high level of detail.
· Excel in an environment where they work independently by being accountable and taking the initiative to solve problems, introduce projects, or evolve recruitment efforts based on territory trends.
· Have strong technical skills and understand the value of proper data management.
· Due to the volume of events, there will be extensive travel within the territory, which includes extended hours and evening and weekend work during peak times.
· Preference given to candidates residing in the Chicagoland area with knowledge of the Chicagoland admissions market.
Experience and Education:
· Bachelor degree.
· Three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with preference given to candidates with knowledge of the college admissions process and candidates who are bilingual.
· Experience with Jenzabar, Slate, the TargetX CRM, and Google Workspace is preferred.
· Valid driver’s license.
Apply online at https://www.smumn.edu/about/offices/human-resources/employment-opportunities or click here and please include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota believes inclusion and human dignity contributes to a robust academic and work environment and is critical to achieving the University's mission in an increasingly diverse society. Individuals with expertise and diverse skills from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The successful candidate must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
Saint Mary’s offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending, retirement pension plan, and both undergraduate and graduate tuition remission plans.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.