Title: Director of Development (Full-time/Exempt)
Salary Range: Pay Grade E-10 80k – 85k
Education: Undergraduate degree in marketing or similar study.
Experience: Five years experience in fundraising enterprises and/or education, advertising, marketing, public relations, and communications.
Diocese of Shreveport
The Catholic Diocese of Shreveport is a non-profit religious organization that oversees the Catholic churches of North Louisiana in 16 civil parishes.
Expand Catholics’ interests and activities in Annual Diocesan Stewardship Appeal. Assist parishes and schools, grant funding and major gifts corporate and deferred and planned giving. Analyze and continually re-examine the financial potential available to the diocese from support sources including parishes, individuals, corporations, foundations and the at-large community. Develop Annual Diocesan Stewardship Appeal pledge and collection projections.
Prepare and coordinate a plan of action for each diocesan fund-raising project detailing the “case” or reason for funding sought, the “marketability” of the project, the probability of a successful outcome, the potential sum of money to be raised, the donor prospects, the potential leadership, and the most advantageous timing. Serving as chief liaison to any outside professional firms hired to conduct fundraising activities within the diocese.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Position requires comprehensive analytical skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with staff members, clergy, parishes as well as other organizations.
· Self-motivated, prompt in performing tasks and capable of working independently and able to time manage and prioritize work duties.
· Position requires employee to have access to confidential information. Any confidential information, whether oral, written, or electronic should be maintained in a manner that ensures its confidentiality.
· Strong computer skills
· In good standing and knowledge of the Catholic Church.
· Able to lift at least 20 lbs.
· Health insurance inclusive with dental. Also, an alternative HSA qualified health insurance plan
· Supplemental vision insurance and other supplemental policies available
· Employer paid life and long-term disability insurance
· Flexible spending account for pretax medical expenses
· Retirement 403(b) plan. Includes employer contribution based on years of service
· Holidays, holy days, vacation, sick and bereavement days off
· Professional development funds to personally promote the skills of the employee.
· Annual employee retreat other events to continue to strengthen the working environment and support of each employee