Program Director, MA in Human Resource Management
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is seeking to hire a Program Director for our Minneapolis campus. This position works within a community of professionals dedicated to providing relevant, rigorous, and relational academic opportunities for adult learners. The role has responsibility for the program curriculum, student advising, enrollment, program budgets, accreditation (if appropriate), hiring and support of faculty, and overall administration of the program. They work closely with other units within the University, including but not limited to Student Central, Marketing, and Academic Affairs. The Program Director ensures program vitality and academic quality by balancing administrative and academic functions that support a rigorous approach to teaching and practice that meets student learning goals. The Program Director supports, respects, and advances the mission of Saint Mary's University of Minnesota as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
The Program Director is accountable for overall program administration, faculty and curricular leadership, and professional development of faculty and university service activities.
Works with Marketing and Communication, the Business office, the Assistant Dean, the School Dean and Vice Provosts to:
· Collaborate with university and/or online administrative units to facilitate the development of a multi-year marketing and visibility campaign, ensuring alignment of messaging tied to program outcomes.
· Establish and monitor annual enrollment goals.
· Establish a yearly or two-year course schedule that supports students’ progression and appropriate class sizes.
· Enforce academic policies as documented in the Catalog and Student Handbook
· Represent the value of the program to others both inside and outside the university
· Maintain relationships and contribute to community development for the purpose of recruiting students and faculty, marketing the program, and cultivating practicum placement sites.
· Supports, respects, and advances the mission of Saint Mary's University of Minnesota as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
· Forecast enrollment, income and expenses, create multi-year budgets, and monitor program fiscal performance and reporting.
· Understanding program performance metrics and partnering across functional areas to recommend and implement ways to optimize program performance.
· Ensure that all expenses are processed in an accurate, timely, and prudent manner.
· Hire, supervise, and develop program staff, including program coordinators, assistant/associate program directors, practicum supervisors, and/or faculty.
· Oversee the curriculum and development of International Human Resources and Digital Marketing certificates.
· Collaborate with Admissions and Student Central to implement a communication strategy to yield admitted students.
· Advise prospective students and current students on their educational goals.
· In collaboration with Online Strategy and Programs, optimize student support services to encourage retention and persistence and align with aspects of their program.
· Oversee course sequencing and progress to ensure alignment programmatic needs.
· Administer the summative activities for student completion of the program
Works with Student Central to:
· In collaboration with various offices, ensure that all students have an orientation to the program.
· Monitor academic status of students (probation, leaves, retention, degree completion).
Works with the Assistant Dean and the School Dean, Vice Provost of Faculties and Academic Affairs, and Director of CELT to:
· Recruit, hire, and maintain a roster of exceptionally qualified faculty using a variety of sources.
· Work with the Director of CELT to orient faculty to the program and University processes and mission to encourage and require consistent faculty development.
· Conduct regular faculty meetings to promote coherence in curriculum implementation and sharing of best practices.
· Provide ongoing support to faculty.
· Evaluate faculty performance by reviewing instructor or course evaluations, observing classes, and monitoring professional and scholarly productivity.
Works with the School Dean, the Associate Dean of Curriculum and Assessment, and appropriate Vice Provosts to:
· Create, update, and maintain a rigorous curriculum and coursework that reflects research and professional practice in the discipline.
· Ensure that faculty are teaching from approved syllabi and using updated technology, along with the university LMS system.
· Monitor the development and approval of all syllabi for all courses.
· Conduct program reviews and course observation at least every three years.
· Maintain curricular relevance through ongoing connections within the discipline/industry including formal advisory committees and various environmental scanning approaches.
· Maintain a state of readiness to implement program specialty accreditation and licensure processes.
· Implement ongoing assessment of student learning activities.
· Develop new programs and/or instructional approaches in accord with standard university processes.
· Maintain updated knowledge of and compliance with specialty accreditation, licensing regulations, and/or professional authorizations, leading programmatic development and maintenance that ensures alignment to accreditation requirements and standards of the discipline’s governing councils and accrediting bodies.
Professional Development and University Service (Role as Professional Practice Faculty)
Works with Assistant Dean and School Dean to:
· Maintain and enhance disciplinary expertise and scholarship.
· Support and advance the University’s Lasallian Catholic mission, heritage and charism.
· Contribute to the governance structure of the university.
· Participate in School and University celebrations (commencements, convocations, campus events).
· Participate in University initiatives and committees.
· Maintain professional memberships, network with other professionals, attend conferences / training, continue professional development to keep up-to-date on developments in field.
· Teach (credit amount determined at appointment and hire).
· Performs other duties, as assigned.
Essential Skills And Functions
· Academic and professional expertise in the program’s discipline.
· Excellent communication, organizational, and multi-tasking skills with proven ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
· Strong interpersonal skills with adult learners, faculty and other professionals in academic settings and with community partners.
· Demonstrated commitment to the profession through service to professional associations, governing boards, or accrediting bodies.
· Understanding of online education and how to effectively engage students to maximize their online learning experience.
· Professional decorum and ethical decision-making.
· Creation/maintenance of a collegial spirit among students, faculty, and colleagues.
· Effective interpersonal and supervisory skills in recruitment, performance management, and coaching/counseling.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
· A master’s degree is required; doctoral degree preferred.
· At least two years of leadership experience in the discipline’s profession.
· Experience in higher education which includes teaching, program development, and/or administration.
· Preference for academic and professional expertise in the program’s discipline.
· May consider other acceptable equivalent combinations of training and experience.
Apply online at https://www.smumn.edu/about/offices/human-resources/employment-opportunities or click here and please include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota believes inclusion and human dignity contributes to a robust academic and work environment and is critical to achieving the University's mission in an increasingly diverse society. Individuals with expertise and diverse skills from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The successful candidate must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
Saint Mary’s offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending, retirement pension plan, and both undergraduate and graduate tuition remission plans.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.