POSITION SUMMARY: Under the Direction of the SNJM California Clinical Care Coordinator provides a variety of health-related services to SNJM Sisters living at Merrill Gardens, Saratoga Retirement Community and Cedar Creek Los Gatos.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. As directed, provides personal care for Sisters. Services may include ADL/ IADL areas, wound care, and taking of vital signs. Records and reports vital signs and other medical information to Clinical Care Coordinator.
2. Communicates observations of changes to a Sister’s health or well-being to Clinical Care Coordinator.
3. Provides emotional support to enable Sisters to live independently and adapt to changing health conditions.
4. As appropriate drives and accompanies Sisters to medical appointments: providing companionship as Sisters receive medical services.
5. Assists with SNJM sponsored activities at the Marie Rose Center, Merrill Gardens, Villas at Saratoga, Saratoga Retirement Community and Cedar Creek Los Gatos.
6. Provide support as needed for funeral receptions or other community Masses.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Must have current Certified Nursing Assistant Certification.
Experience: Must have minimum of 4 years’ experience as CNA.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
2. Must model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
3. Must be able to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
4. Ability to maintain collaborative relationships with SNJM Sisters, staff, and external contacts.
5. High degree of flexibility in carrying out work assignments.
6. Ability to self-initiate work, manage work time effectively and follow through on work assignments.
7. Ability to work in a patient and understanding manner with an elder population who may be ill, disabled, hospitalized, and/or suffering from dementia.
8. Ability to respond to stressful situations appropriately and calmly.
9. Basic English language skills (speaking, reading, writing).
10. Requires valid driver’s license and evidence of personal insurance in accord with SNJM guidelines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND/OR WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Frequent standing, stooping, and/or bending in performance of job duties, with ability to lift up to
30 pounds. Ability to assist Sisters with transportation and getting into and out of vehicles.
HOURS: 35-40 hrs per week including every other weekend.
Automobile, walkers/wheelchairs, blood pressure monitors, thermometers, and other medical equipment as needed by individual Sister.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org