Saint Matthew Catholic Church, located in Franklin, TN, is a growing parish with a talented and energetic staff serving approximately 1,200 families. We are seeking a Youth Director. This position is full-time.
The Youth Director is responsible for the development, coordination, supervision and execution of parish programs designed to engage and educate the youth (ages 13-18) of the parish. The Youth Director will work to encourage, inspire and engage with the youth on their faith journey.
· Collaborate with the DRE, pastor and Principal to define the strategic direction of the Youth Ministry (Middle School and High School) program.
· Responsible for planning and facilitating weekly sessions with youth during the school year.
· Responsible for recruiting and training a team of volunteers to serve as small group leaders.
· Act as Ignite coordinator in supervising middle school ministry.
· Responsible for planning appropriate events and retreats to serve as fellowship and spiritual opportunities for youth, including the confirmation retreat.
· Coordinate involvement in Diocese and community activities such as Holy Fire, Youth 2000, Search, World Youth Day, March For Life, and Regional and National Youth Conferences.
· Actively recruit youth to participate in the Youth Ministry program throughout the year.
· Maintain a high degree of visibility and involvement in the church and with youth in the community.
· Collaborate with other Youth Ministry leaders within the diocese to seek solutions and ideas.
· Adhere to Diocesan Safe Environment guidelines and ensure timely completion of all required background checks for volunteers.
· Participate in the budgeting process and adheres to sound budgeting practices.
· Interact and collaborate with parents in a professional and respectful manner to communication the visions and specific components of the Youth Ministry Department.
· A faithful and practicing Catholic.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
· Thorough knowledge of the teachings and Liturgy of the Roman Catholic Church preferably with previous experience working in a Roman Catholic Parish
· Certified Catechist or willingness to pursue certification
· Experience interacting with and leading teens
· Preferred experience with graphics, videos and social media content development.
Competitive salary based upon qualifications and experience with excellent benefits package. Please email resume with cover letter indicating salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org