Are you ready to join the marketing team at one of the leading Catholic colleges in the country as it embarks on a new vision to transform culture in America? Sign up to be a part of something special.
A graphic designer at Benedictine College is responsible for developing new collateral for various college departments. Printed and digital design projects would understand and promote the Catholic mission of Benedictine College, represent the high quality standards for Benedictine and stay within the college’s branding standards. Designers would report to the Art Director in the college’s Marketing Department and would have a work station in the Marketing Office.
- Creates advertisements for the college while working with vendors to ensure all deadlines and print requirements are being met.
- Serves the College’s marketing needs by designing new collateral used for informational and promotional materials such as viewbooks, posters, postcards, etc., taking products from beginning to end of process.
- Train and manage student workers in a mentoring capacity.
- Produce vector graphic signage for stadium promotional banners, billboards, and directional signage.
- Create, maintain, and disseminate all new logos used by the college for all departments – student, faculty, and administrative.
- Create apparel catalogs and/or brochures.
- Create web graphics appropriate for the many different facets of the college.
- Have intimate understanding of the brand of the college and how all visual elements must work together to support a unified ideal.
- Ability to produce professional grade still photography of college life and collegiate items is a plus.
- Mission – understand, appreciate and promote the college’s Catholic mission of community, faith and scholarship.
- Creative- think creatively and quickly to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Organized- Must have incredibly strong organizational skills not just for managing projects but for managing multiples levels of large-scoped projects, keeping them on schedule and within budget.
- Analytical Skills- Must be able to solve complex issues using artistic solutions.
- Communication- communicates concepts clearly to a wide range of clients.
- Team Building- Be able to collaborate with a team of artist, writers, and directors.
- Interpersonal- Handle and give constructive criticism. Be able to tell clients ‘no’ in a professional and respectful manner if their vision is not fitting in with brand standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art, or related field.
- One to five years related experience.
- Proficient in the latest Adobe CS programs, with particular attention to Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Bridge. Flash and Dreamweaver experience a plus. Will need to submit a portfolio showing successful projects that designer took lead on or did alone in general graphic design and magazine layout.
- Ability to operate a professional camera a plus, but not necessary.