Position: Events Coordinator
Supervisor: Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Hiring Administrator: Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Category: Full Time, exempt, Administrative
Catholic Theological Union (CTU) seeks a team player to join advancement efforts for a leading graduate school of theology and ministry in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago. The Events Coordinator is responsible for the hospitality planning and implementation of internal and external events at CTU.
Under the direction of the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Events Coordinator will function as a key member of the Advancement team, providing excellent hospitality on behalf of the CTU community.
Key areas of responsibility:
Event and Hospitality Management
• Coordinate and execute all internal and external events, which include scheduling, event setup, monitoring, catering, serving, bartending, hotel accommodations, staffing, parking, and clean-up.
• Maintain client relationships to ensure effective, efficient, positive experiences to CTU constituents.
• Collaborate with IT Manager and Director of Facilities to ensure all events requests are fulfilled and troubleshoot as needed.
• Collaborate with Marketing with updates of events on the CTU’s website and/or email announcements and to promote CTU’s rental spaces.
• Serve as system administrator for the Events Management System (EMS) the facilities reservation software. Utilize EMS to maintain the current and future calendar of all events to fully utilize CTU’s conference space.
• Follow workflow documenting the requirements of the event including preparing contracts for external groups with quotes, invoices, payments, required insurance, and evaluations.
• Manage purchasing of all catering related needs, including food products, beverages (including alcohol), supplies, as well as stocking the school coffee bar.
• Maintain event files, track which events have been processed, update proposed client billing to actual, and work with Business Office to ensure billing and collection is accurate.
• Update policies and proposed pricing related to events and communicate to Leadership Council, Staff and Faculty as necessary.
• Be the “face of CTU.” Serve as on-site point of contact for all public and external events.
Perform other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties in this job classification.
· Bachelor’s degree, experience in fundraising, alumni relations, volunteer management or a combination of the same
· Hospitality and service experience
· Appreciation for non-profit approach to events
· Exceptional decision-making and problem-solving skills
· Microsoft (Word, Excel), Google Docs & Sheets and event management software aptitude
· The ideal candidate will have experience in event planning, communications and fostering good relationships with volunteers
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout CTU, alumni, other constituencies and the public
· Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently
· Ability to move quickly from one task to another within a given workday
· Attention to detail and able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
· Experience with CRM databases preferred
· Experience in Higher Education or ministry setting preferred
· Magnanimous spirit and welcoming personality
· Accomplished computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and databases with propensity to expand one’s capabilities
Regular evening and weekend work is required. Compensatory time is offered.
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· 403b – retirement matching plan
· 15 days accrued vacations days
· 16 paid holidays
· Paid Parental Leave
All employees must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or religious exemption letter. Because exemptions for faculty, staff, and students are recognized it is possible that all occupants of the building may not be vaccinated. We are a mask optional working environment, which may change based on local, state and national recommendations.