Job Description: Business Manager
Reports to: Fr. Randy Dollins
Hours and Pay: Full-time, exempt, (40+/week), salary
Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri - 7:30-4:30 Thursday 7:00a-5:00p
Is your Catholic faith and relationship with Jesus Christ the driving principle of your life? Are you a proven business operations and finance leader? Are you interested in working for a Catholic Parish? St. Thomas More in Centennial is looking for a skilled manager to partner with the pastor in the administration of our mission centered business operations. Direct the financial, accounting, and HR aspects of our parish. Oversee the work of multiple department managers including: accounting, maintenance, IT, and our Gift Shop. Prepare budgets, allocate resources, review and approve contracts, plan and implement projects, and more.
Area(s) of Authority:
- Administer the day-to-day management of the parish business operations, including financial, personnel, and property, and other institutional ministries of the parish which may be assigned to the business department by the pastor.
- Direct reports to the business manager are the Accounting Manager, Maintenance Manager, and Gift Shop Manager.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management with a minimum of five years of non-profit financial administration experience.
- Prior Catholic parish experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of budgeting, accounting and record keeping principles, property and facilities management and practices, and human resources management practices with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications required, and knowledge of ParishSoft Accounting, and Paycom are preferred.
- Have a positive and supportive attitude toward the Catholic Church, her teachings, and her work.
- Refrain from public promotion or approval of, any conduct or lifestyle that would reflect discredit or disgrace on, or cause scandal in relationship to, the parish, or considered to be in contradiction with Catholic doctrine or morals.
- Financial management of the parish accounting and reporting procedures including preparing the annual parish budget.
- Monitor expenditures and departmental financial performance, understanding anomalous expenses.
- Ensure payroll is properly and fully funded.
- Regular meeting with pastor to review operations.
- Meet at least quarterly with the parish finance council.
- Coordinate at the parish the Archdiocese of Denver personnel procedures, benefits program, and Safe Environment Training.
- Maintain all required employment and volunteer records.
- Initiate onboarding process for new employees.
- Oversee major repairs, renovations, and capital projects in accord with archdiocesan policies, responsible for parish
security, leasing, rents, use of parish facilities and reviewing maintenance and construction contracts
- Other duties as assigned by the pastor
- Visual acuity both near and far, good hearing, and speech.
- Manual dexterity.
- Ability to sit for extended periods.
- Standing, walking, kneeling, stooping, bending, lifting, and squatting as necessary to perform the duties of the position.