Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Emmaus Catholic Hospice
Our Mission is to provide authentically Catholic home hospice care in the Denver community.
Building our loving service in Colorado for nearly 100 years, Dominican Home Health Agency now has a new name and focus: Emmaus Hospice.
Job Summary: Responsible for the provision, direction, supervision, and evaluation of medical social services to patients in the hospice environment, in accordance with hospice policies and procedures, applicable health standards, governmental laws and regulations. Proactively meet the needs of and assist the patient in the achievement of individualized and measurable outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts hospice comprehensive assessments at the time of admission. Assess the patients and family’s psychosocial, emotional, and financial needs on an ongoing basis.
- Maintains an individualized, up to date care plan that reflects the care being provided to patients/families.
- Participate in development and re-evaluation of care plan for patients needing social work services.
- Provides social work visits/services to patient/family as determined in the plan of care and through the plan in documentation.
- Instruct, treat, observe, and evaluate patients with significant social and emotional situations affecting their health status.
- Use clinical judgment to address adverse social and emotional responses connected with the patient’s terminal illness.
- Report any changes in patient’s condition and response to treatment to RN Care Manager (RNCM).
- Educate and counsel the patient and family in treating and coping with the social and emotional responses to illness.
- Educate patient/family in areas related to caregiving and in preparation for death as reflected in documentation
- Provide ongoing assessment of needs and communicate changes to care team members.
- Participate in Interdisciplinary Team (IDT). Demonstrates preparedness for IDT meetings and provides IDT updates to a teammate prior to any planned absences.
- Participate in care coordination activities and act as resource to other team members in identification and resolution of patient needs.
- Access and utilized appropriate community resources.
- Develop, participate in and/or conduct internal staff development programs.
- Participate in staff meetings, in-service programs and QAPI.
- Review LSW documentation for accuracy with plan of care and cosigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education of Social Work
- Licensed in Colorado as an LCSW.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as an LCSW, preferably in hospice
ABILITIES, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, professional journals, and legal documents.
- Ability to read and interpret physicians’ orders and notes from other caregivers as well as respond to them verbally and in writing.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current TB skin test screening upon hire.
- Proof of current Covid-19 vaccination or approved Medical or Religious exemption.
- Possession of a valid state Driver's License with reliable transportation and applicable car insurance.
- Ability to regularly sit, stand, stoop, bend, kneel, walk, balance, crouch, crawl, push, pull, reach with hands and arms and talk and hear.
- Ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 100 pounds.
- Ability to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception.
- Ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The work environment is highly variable, as care is provided in private homes.
- Lighting, acoustics, air quality, temperature and environmental hazards are not predictable.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, household pets/animals, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee is required to travel frequently to complete home health visits.
- Salary: $62,400-70,720 ($30-34/hr) – Or commensurate with experience.
o Health, Disability and Life Insurance
o Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
o Vision through VSP
o 403b investment/retirement plan
I understand Emmaus Hospice will adhere to the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services (ERDs) as promulgated by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, latest edition, with particular attention to Part Five: Issues in Care for the Seriously Ill and Dying. I further acknowledge that Emmaus Hospice and its employees will not participate in Physician Assisted Suicide, by whatever name, including Medical Aid in Dying (MAiD), as detailed in the employee handbook. I also understand that failure to adhere to the ERDs may result in immediate termination of employment.
The road before you was not meant to be traveled alone.
Christ is here.
We are excited to meet qualified candidates who are passionate about our mission and values. If you meet the above qualifications please click the APPLY NOW button to fill out an application. We are excited to welcome new members to our team!