Certified Nursing Assistant
Emmaus Catholic Hospice
Our Mission is to provide authentically Catholic home hospice care in the Denver community.
Building our loving service in Colorado for nearly 100 years, Dominican Home Health Agency now has a new name and focus: Emmaus Hospice.
Job Summary: Provides skilled personal care and comfort measures to clients in the home setting by performing the following duties under the supervision of a RN.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the client with or provides personal care as assigned by the plan of care. Personal care duties include: bathing (tub, shower, or bed), care of hair, skin, feet and mouth, toileting (bed pan, commode or toilet), dressing, transfer, ambulation, simple range of motion, assist with self administration of medications, stand by assistance.
- As assigned may take and record temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration.
- On-going maintain competency in all assigned skills.
- Documents activities performed in the client’s home at the time of the visit.
- Documents client concerns, client affect, client difficulties and reports the same to Clinical Coordinator or Administrator.
- Provides services when scheduled.
- Communicates promptly to Agency and client any schedule change.
- Completes and submits required paperwork accurately and on time.
- Productivity standard for clients per day averages four.
- Organizes and implements his/her schedule to meet productivity expectations.
- Accomplishes job responsibilities in a timely, safe, and professional manner.
- Participates in the development of clients care plan.
- Participates in client IDG and case conferences as requested.
- Represents the agency in a loyal manner and dresses appropriate to job duties.
- Other duties as assigned
- Current CNA certification for state of Colorado
- Current CPR certification;
- Able to complete competency evaluation upon hire
ABILITIES, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to clients and employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions, written or oral.
- Ability to improvise in an unstructured home setting.
- Ability to use independent judgment to manage confidential information.
- Ability receive/send email, ability to access Internet for research and information purposes. Ability to use word processing program and a basic knowledge of windows operating system. Ability to advance computer skills as required.
- TB skin test screening upon hire
- Proof of current Covid-19 vaccination or approved Medical or Religious exemption.
- Possession of a valid state Driver's License with reliable transportation and applicable car insurance.
- Ability to regularly sit, stand, stoop, bend, kneel, walk, balance, crouch, crawl, push, pull, reach with hands and arms and talk and hear.
- Ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to occasionally climb.
- Ability to occasionally use sense of smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 100 pounds.
- Ability to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception.
- Ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment is highly variable, as care is provided in private homes.
- Lighting, acoustics, air quality, temperature and environmental hazards are not predictable when treating patients in their home environment.
- The work environment is highly variable, and employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, household pets/animals, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals when providing care or assessment in a private home.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee is required to travel frequently to complete agency business.
- Salary: 43,680-49,920 ($21-24/hr) – Or commensurate with experience.
o Health, Disability and Life Insurance
o Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
o Vision through VSP
o 403b investment/retirement plan
I understand Emmaus Hospice will adhere to the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services (ERDs) as promulgated by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, latest edition, with particular attention to Part Five: Issues in Care for the Seriously Ill and Dying. I further acknowledge that Emmaus Hospice and its employees will not participate in Physician Assisted Suicide, by whatever name, including Medical Aid in Dying (MAiD), as detailed in the employee handbook. I also understand that failure to adhere to the ERDs may result in immediate termination of employment.
The road before you was not meant to be traveled alone.
Christ is here.
We are excited to meet qualified candidates who are passionate about our mission and values. If you meet the above qualifications please click the APPLY NOW button to fill out an application. We are excited to welcome new members to our team!