Registered Nurse Care Manager
Emmaus Catholic Hospice
Our Mission is to provide authentically Catholic home hospice care in the Denver community.
Building our loving service in Colorado for nearly 100 years, Dominican Home Health Agency now has a new name and focus: Emmaus Hospice.
Job Summary: Serves as a supervisor to all field staff to assure hospice policies and federal and state regulations; serves as liaison among the hospice field staff, patients, hospitals, the medical community and general community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Appropriately evaluates the patient, initially and periodically throughout care;
- Participates as requested on Inter-disciplinary Team (IDT).
- Develops and implements appropriate treatment programs to address problems identified; develops realistic personal goals with patient; re-evaluates, sets new goals and adjusts care accordingly in consultation with physician or intermediate care provider.
- Advises, consults, and instructs on treatment or procedures, and supportive activities to patients, family members and other hospice team members.
- Provides dietary counseling.
- Observes, records and reports to physician and/or supervisor, patient’s reaction to treatment, patient’s progress, and any changes in patient’s condition.
- Assists patients and family with community resources needed to adjust to physical, mental and social limitations.
- Coordinates other service team members, both in formal and informal care conferences, to assure sufficient flow of information to support care of patient, including change in condition.
- Informs patients, family and physician verbally and in writing as needed regarding plan of care, progress, or changes.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of care in accordance with agency policy and pay source requirements.
- Meets regulatory agency and/or pay source requirements regarding patient care.
- Effectively manages a caseload as established by agency.
- Participates, as requested, in orientation of new staff, in-service education, continuing education, utilization review and QAPI programs.
- Uses hospice approved software to enter evaluations and visit documentation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Licensed in Colorado as a Registered Nurse without stipulations.
- Experience of a minimum of one (1) year as an RN; hospice experience strongly preferred.
ABILITIES, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, professional journals, and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively present information to patients and employees and community.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to improvise in a home setting.
- Ability to send/receive emails and use the internet for research and informational purposes.
- Ability to use computer for communication and documentation purposes.
- Ability to use independent judgment to manage and impart confidential information.
- Skill to attend to and prioritize multiple, time-sensitive tasks.
- Knowledge of hospice care practice, communication skills, and case management.
- Basic knowledge of Windows operating system and ability to advance computer skills as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, the public, and supervisors.
- TB skin test screening upon hire
- Proof of current Covid-19 vaccination or approved Medical or Religious exemption.
- Possession of a valid state Driver's License with reliable transportation and applicable car insurance.
- Ability to regularly sit, stand, stoop, bend, kneel, walk, balance, crouch, crawl, push, pull, reach with hands and arms and talk and hear.
- Ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to occasionally climb.
- Ability to occasionally use sense of smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move 100 pounds.
- Ability to use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception.
- Ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment is highly variable, as care is provided in private homes
- Lighting, acoustics, air quality, temperature and environmental hazards are not predictable when treating patients in their home environment.
- The work environment is highly variable, and employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, household pets/animals, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals when providing care or assessment in a private home.
- The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee is required to travel frequently to complete agency business.
- Salary: 93,600-104,000 ($45-50/hr)– Or commensurate with experience.
o Health, Disability and Life Insurance
o Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
o Vision through VSP
o 403b investment/retirement plan
I understand Emmaus Hospice will adhere to the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services (ERDs) as promulgated by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, latest edition, with particular attention to Part Five: Issues in Care for the Seriously Ill and Dying. I further acknowledge that Emmaus Hospice and its employees will not participate in Physician Assisted Suicide, by whatever name, including Medical Aid in Dying (MAiD), as detailed in the employee handbook. I also understand that failure to adhere to the ERDs may result in immediate termination of employment.
The road before you was not meant to be traveled alone.
Christ is here.
We are excited to meet qualified candidates who are passionate about our mission and values. If you meet the above qualifications please click the APPLY NOW button to fill out an application. We are excited to welcome new members to our team!