for complete posting
See also plans for Immaculate Heart of Mary Counseling Center at https://www.lincolndiocese.org/news/diocesan-news/16479-catholic-counseling-center-transitioning-to-non-profit-in-2023
Position Title: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Exempt – Salaried
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Reports to: Immaculate Heart of Mary Counseling Center Board of Directors
Date Created: December 2022
Position Summary: The Executive Director is responsible for effectively implementing and
promoting the mission and vision of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Counseling Center.
● Represent, communicate, and integrate authentic Catholic Social Teaching in
the presentation and implementation of IHMCC’s mission and vision.
● Proactively capture institutional knowledge of IHMCC.
● Build and cultivate an effective, engaged and informed Board of Directors.
● Plan and implement a development and fundraising program to provide for the
short- and long-term needs of the organization.
● Maintain a list of potential financial donors including corporations, foundations,
● Produce relevant and informative fundraising literature for distribution to previous
donors and the public.
● Oversees the fundraising process and maintains records of receipts and
disbursements of funds.
● Establish and monitor efficient processes for various administrative needs.
● Coordinate and supervise third-party vendors in collaboration with the Clinical
● Collaborate with the Clinical Director in overseeing IHMCC front office staff and
● Collaborate with the Clinical Director to design, implement, and monitor IHMCC's
● Assist the Internship Director of Integrated Training and Formation with
administrative duties related to the internship training program(s), including
onboarding and licensure applications for incoming trainees.
Subject to the Constitution of the United States and all applicable state and federal laws, CSS
does not discriminate in its employment practices or in the administration and dissemination of its
programs and services.
● Collaborate with the Internship Director of Integrated Training and Formation to
develop and design internship-related promotions and web updates.
● Monitor and ensure compliance with IHMCC bylaws, policies and procedures.
● Maintain sustainable financial management policies as well as appropriate
staffing and resources to meet goals.
● Report regularly to the Board of Directors on operations relevant to the strategic
plan, internal and external policies, conditions of operations, and important
factors or trends influencing the organization, in accordance with agreed-upon
metrics and timelines.
● Implement the decisions of the Board of Directors; communicate decisions and
directions to staff and others as assigned.
Must be knowledgeable about the Catholic Church and support its moral and religious
teachings. Bachelor’s Degree required – advanced degree preferred. At least ten years
of demonstrated success in development or non-profit management. Extensive
knowledge of fundraising strategies and principles. Excellent communication skills,
including written, verbal, public speaking, and interpersonal/social skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands or arms, climb or
balance, talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily indoor working
conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.