About the Position:
The Dominican Friars Foundation is looking to hire an experienced communications professional to support the Dominican mission of preaching for the salvation of souls. The Director of Communications will oversee the brand management of the Province, and will develop and implement an effective communication strategy, in line with the Province’s Dominican character and mission, for the purposes of evangelization, education, promoting vocations, and cultivating benefactors.
● Increase donor and constituent engagement with the Dominican Province of St. Joseph through print and digital communications channels
● Create or oversee the creation of compelling promotional and informative materials and work with all forms of media, including digital campaigns, print materials, social media, audio, video, and more
● Ensure adherence to visual and editorial brand guidelines across all print and digital communications
● Cultivate the “voice” of the Friars to communicate our Dominican charism and mission
● Manage a team of in-house employees and contractors to create and optimize social media, print, and web content
● Identify primary audiences and best communication platform(s) for each communication
● Create and maintain a Project Calendar with measurable deliverables, planning a minimum of 3 months ahead
● Monitor Catholic media, with particular attention to media from various apostolates of the Province of Saint Joseph, and select recent “stories to tell” and/or upcoming events to promote through Provincial media channels
● Support the growth of the online donation program with a particular focus on recurring monthly donations
● Source, write, and edit compelling content for newsletters and fundraising appeals
● Facilitate design and procure production of print communications, including newsletters, brochures, appeals, reports, signs, etc.
● Fully manage the updating, maintenance, hosting, and periodic redesign of the 3+ websites of the Foundation and its ministries
● Advance the goals of the Foundation through paid social media and search advertising.
● Manage the Foundation’s email marketing
● Utilize SEO and analytical tools to monitor and evaluate communication strategies, working with staff and other stakeholders to expand the province’s reach
● Facilitate video production and distribution, including regular shoots, livestreams, and videos to enhance a campaign or promote an event
● Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field, or equivalent industry experience
● Knowledge of and 8+ years of experience in fundraising, marketing, or communications
● Strong project management experience, including strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects with minimal supervision.
● Experience managing a team of direct reports, including employees, contractors, and vendors, many of whom work remotely
● Thorough knowledge of and ability to communicate Catholic doctrine and a passion for the Church's mission of evangelization
● Knowledge of and familiarity with Catholic religious life, and particularly the Dominican Order, is a plus
● Enthusiasm for storytelling through written word and visual media
● Thorough understanding of social media platforms, management, and current trends
● Well-developed skills with SEO and other technicalities of digital marketing
● Website management experience (WordPress preferred)
● Some graphic design experience (e.g., Adobe Creative Cloud)
● Some video and livestream production experience
● Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of the organization and with external stakeholders
● Effective written and verbal communication skills
● Experience with MS Office, Google Drive, Slack, and Salesforce a plus
This position is full-time, salaried, with a full benefits package (including health and dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, a generous 403(b) retirement plan, FSA, and commuter benefits), and requires that the candidate live within commuting distance of our offices on the Upper East Side of Manhattan (hybrid working arrangements may be possible).
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter (addressed to the attention of Fr. John Paul Kern, O.P.) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for considering the Dominican Friars Foundation; we look forward to hearing from you.