Saint Mary's University is looking for an Associate Registrar who is eager to contribute to our Lasallian Catholic mission of awakening, nurturing, and empowering learners to ethical lives of service and leadership. We invite individuals to help transform lives through education, inspired by the Catholic Intellectual Tradition’s quest to understand the human experience through faith and reason and its embrace of all who are dedicated to learning from one another through authentic conversations in search of the truth.
The Associate Registrar provides leadership in the area of student and course records for programs administered through the Schools of Graduate and Professional Programs (SGPP). The Associate Registrar works in close collaboration with the Director of Academic Records and Systems, as well as with other registrar staff. Supervising the Academic Records Coordinator, primary responsibilities will be the implementation of academic policies and procedures as it relates to student records. This position will provide critical support in the integration and launch of a new SIS network, assist in managing the processes related to the graduation and commencement events, and serve as the veterans certifying official.
This position may qualify for hybrid work after an appropriate training period.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of the requests for course maintenance and maintenance to the student record including but not limited to degree audit and completion, transcript evaluation, course withdrawal.
- Assist student staff and faculty with questions.
- Provide support and training to registrar staff including training documents.
- Manage the mass registration process for partner and non-partner programs.
- Monitor, assess and make changes to the registration process to improve student service, student progression and efficiency.
Graduation and Commencement:
- Assist with the graduation process and event planning for SGPP commencement ceremonies. Key aspects include student and guest management, printed materials, recruitment and management of casual staff, venues and logistics, website.
- Serve as primary registrar liaison for SGPP graduation ceremonies, managing the graduation budget on a day-to-day basis, leading the diploma and regalia ordering process, assist clearing candidates for degree conferral, and maintain commencement calendar/project plan and work with team members updating academic calendar dates.
- Work directly with students and third parties (FERPA approved) about applying for graduation and commencement.
Manage Classroom Scheduling
- Manage and maintain course classroom scheduling in room scheduling system.
- Work with program directors to ensure effective utilization of facilities.
- Communicate to faculty, staff and students room assignments in timely manner.
Veteran Certifying Official
- Monitor and report enrollment to the veteran administration and the department of defense following the regulatory requirements, including the principles of excellence.
- Lead the veterans services cross functional team.
- Work to ensure consistent practice across the institution.
- Annually submit catalog and notification of new programs to the VA and update degree plans with the federal tuition assistance programs.
- Attend annual trainings and apply knowledge learned to the process and policies at the university.
Technology & Reports
- Manage digital file process.
- Provide reports regarding facility usage to address effectiveness.
- Create and maintain process maps for the department
- Communicate to program directors and deans inactive student reports
- Participate in professional development
- Co-lead the monthly support staff meeting
- Serve on committees as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND FUNCTIONS
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain complex information such as regulations, policies or services.
- Must learn new skills quickly and adapt to frequent change
- Effectively manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Ability to collaborate effectively, work independently and within a team
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Organized, detailed, and a solution driven problem solver
- Strong commitment to customer service and student success
- Proven leadership skills, knowledge of supervisory best practices, including employee recruitment, retention and development
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the area of student record and registration in a university setting, familiarity with FERPA regulations, and must have knowledge of the academic process.
Apply online at https://hive.smumn.edu/about/offices/human-resources/employment-opportunities and please include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota believes inclusion and human dignity contributes to a robust academic and work environment and is critical to achieving the University's mission in an increasingly diverse society. Individuals with expertise and diverse skills from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The successful candidate must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
Saint Mary’s offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending, retirement pension plan, and both undergraduate and graduate tuition remission plans.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.