St. John Vianney seeks a visionary Principal candidate to take our school to the next level. Located in booming Sumner County, St. John Vianney (SJV) truly is Gallatin’s hidden gem. Our motto is “Inspired by Faith, Driven by Excellence” and indeed we are!
As the diocese’s recipient of the greatest percentage growth two years in a row, we are at an exciting time in our school’s history. The next school leader will enjoy a devoted, experienced faculty and staff, committed parents eager to engage, and the steadfast support of the parish pastor.
The Pre-Kindergarten program at St. John Vianney serves children ages 3-5 and is the beginning of a purposeful spiritual educational journey of educating the whole child. The elementary grades move beyond introduction and focus on developing mastery in the core curricular areas such a math science, social studies, language arts and religion. The focus shifts from mastery of basic skills to higher order thinking as our students mature in our Middle School where we aim to develop independent thinkers and learners, rooted in our Catholic Tradition. In addition to our strong core curriculum our students have STEM/Technology, Spanish, Art, Physical Education, Music, and Library included in their day-to-day learning.
- Academic Operations: Oversee the day-to-day operations of the school, including all aspects of teaching and learning, curriculum, and assessment.
- Student Life: Ensure healthy, diverse, and Christ-centered engaging co-curricular programs and activities.
- Spiritual Formation: In partnership with the pastor, ensure the development and expression of faith in the community through its integration in both classrooms and co-curricular programs.
- Mission Alignment: In partnership with the parish, be a guiding presence to ensure that the school lives out its mission and vision daily.
- Community Engagement: Promote a culture of academic excellence and student support by serving as a visible presence and effective counsel to faculty and families.
- Professional Growth: Foster and encourage a culture of faculty growth and oversee the annual process of teacher goal setting and evaluation.
- General Leadership: Serve as an active, engaged, and collaborative member of the administrative team, run the daily operations of the school as needed, and perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
The most competitive candidates will offer most or all the following qualifications and qualities:
- A practicing Catholic with thorough knowledge of the Catholic Church’s teachings.
- A visionary with energy and a commitment to create a strong parish school rooted in our Catholic tradition.
- Familiarity and experience with diocesan-school relationships.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with inspiration and clarity.
- A master’s degree in Education Administration & Supervision or Curriculum; Leadership licensure in the state of TN (or willing to secure if hired)
- Demonstrated successful experience as a Catholic school leader is preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply through the diocesan job portal. Additionally, candidates will need to submit:
- A cover letter expressing interest in this position.
- A current resume.