Position Summary: Director of Development is responsible for leading all TMS Major Gift fund-raising initiatives and the Development team.
Logistics: Position will be located on-site at the TMS Headquarters in downtown Chicago.
• Identify and develop relationships with high net-worth prospects who support the TMS mission.
• Manage a portfolio of current TMS Major Gift Donors ($5,000+); efficiently increase donor engagement and optimize TMS revenue; immediate focus on development of the Chicago market.
• Manage the TMS Development Team, including external vendors and consultants; responsible for Development related contracts with employees and partners.
• Lead annual planning for the Development function; set revenue goals for the collective Development Team and individual Development Team members; on-going evaluation of revenue
performance to goal.
• Efficiently manage development budget – salary, travel, entertainment, events.
• Partner with the Marketing Team to create Development collateral – presentations, letters, digital
• Create, plan and execute events and experiences to engage major donors.
• Manage grant proposal prospecting and written submissions.
• Drive the TMS Culture to reflect the values of St. Thomas More – Integrity, Conviction, Industriousness, Piety and Cheerfulness.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Supportive of TMS positions on Life, Family, Freedom and Election Integrity.
• Knowledge or involvement in Catholic/Pro-Life organizations a plus.
• Active faith life in accord with Catholic/Christian teachings.
• Experience in managing a not-for-profit Development Team, successfully demonstrating ability to increase Development revenue.
• B.S. Degree required; advanced degree preferred.
• Experience with fundraising software. DonorPerfect preferred.
• Solid interpersonal, communication, business writing and presentation skills.
• Proven effective leadership experience.
• Strong planning, organizational and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to set and achieve large scale objectives and goals.
• High level of personal energy and enthusiasm.
• Ability and willingness to travel.