St. John Paul II Catholic Church
Cultivating Human Hearts & Minds
Mission: To foster evangelical fruitfulness through authentic cultural renewal and development.
DIRECTOR OF MARRIAGE AND FAMILY LIFE
Rooted in the Christian Anthropology of St. John Paul II, the Director of Marriage and Family Life is tasked with forming and supporting parish families in their pursuit of authentic discipleship by ministering to them at major Sacramental moments, as well as helping to guide their high school aged youth into young adulthood. Salary Range: $45,000 - $65,000, depending on education and work experience.
The Director of Marriage and Family Life reports directly to the Pastor. Responsibilities include:
· Develop and execute mentoring and accompaniment initiatives for engaged couples, newly-weds and parents seeking Baptism for their children.
· Oversee and run the ongoing formation of high school youth.
· Develop ministry to single, young adults.
· Plan and facilitate communal events for families.
· Collaborate with parish staff on events and outings for the parish youth.
· Participate in parish life at St. John Paul II.
About St. John Paul II Catholic Church
The parish of St. John Paull II was founded in 2016. It is located in Olathe, KS—a rapidly growing suburb in the Kansas City metro area. The parish has recently acquired a 15,000 ft2 facility for a dedicated worship space, offices, classrooms and a social hall, which will be used as a temporary home during the campaign and construction phases. Currently composed of 750 families; 2,500 households anticipated.
The preferred candidate will possess:
· Master’s Degree in related field, or equivalent background knowledge.
· An innovative and creative spirit that enjoys communal life.
· Proven teaching, leadership and administrative skills.
· An appreciation of Ressourcement Theology as embodied in Popes John Paul II, Benedict XVI and Vatican II.
· A mind and heart animated by the Spirit and faithful to the Catholic Church.
To Apply: Please submit: 1) Cover letter 2) Curriculum vitae 3) Three professional references with names, relationship, phone number and email address 4) One pastoral reference. Materials should be emailed to Meredith Patterson, Head of Operations, at: email@example.com. Deadline: May 1, 2023.