Location: Golden, CO
Are you a financial leader with a passion for making a difference? The Fellowship of Catholic University Students (FOCUS) is seeking a Director of Finance to join our dynamic team and play a crucial role in supporting our mission of sharing the Gospel with college students. As Director of Finance, you will have the opportunity to use your financial management skills to ensure the financial stability and growth of our organization, while working collaboratively with other departments to achieve our goals.
- Lead the day-to-day financial operations of the organization, including financial reporting, analysis, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Drive financial decision-making with your exceptional ability to analyze financial data and provide valuable insights
- Develop and implement financial strategies to support the mission and goals of FOCUS.
- Lead and motivate a team of financial professionals, ensuring they have the training and development necessary to succeed.
- Oversee the annual budgeting process, working closely with department heads to ensure accurate and timely and strategic budget submissions.
- Monitor cash flow and manage investment accounts to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Provide guidance and support to other departments on financial matters, including grant proposals, program budgets, and fundraising campaigns.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the integration of financial management into overall organizational planning and decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field; CPA or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial management, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- Strong understanding of GAAP and nonprofit accounting principles.
- Proven experience managing complex budgets and financial statements.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with experience motivating and developing a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting software.