Position Purpose and Summary:
The Director of Communications is responsible for sharing with the world the mission and work of Christ in the City. Sets and executes the strategy for the flow of communication and information between Christ in the City and the general public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Develop, implement, and evaluate an effective communications plan across all platforms, including social media and website.
● Develop and lead Christ in the City’s storytelling in multimedia.
● Direct the development, production, and distribution of all promotion and communication materials, including videos, newsletters, brochures, annual reports, mailers, campaigns, and emails.
● Increase the organization's visibility and brand recognition.
● Coordinate all graphic design.
● Coordinate communication with media outlets as required.
● Proactively support the communications needs of other departments.
● Work closely with the Director of Development to support and grow our development efforts.
● Produce the Christ in the City podcast “Homeless But Human”
● Work closely with the Managing Director to identify, cultivate, and recruit leads for new missionaries.
● Work closely with the Community Engagement Manager in increasing the interaction with volunteers and the greater Catholic community.
● Develop and lead Christ in the City’s storytelling, podcast editing, and missionary sharing
● Work with Christ in the City’s missionaries to develop and deploy their stories.
● Cultivate relationships with influencers in the Catholic Church.
● Manage communications aspects of events.
● Manage departments calendar
● Monitor and report on digital media activities.
● Hire, oversee, and work with contractors as needed, for example website programing, graphics designing or video producing. Some of these are done in-house and some by contractors.
● Coordinate website maintenance
Specific Skills Required:
● Studies and experience in Marketing, Communications, or similar field. Five or more years of experience preferred, including internships.
● Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
● Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines. Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and task management.
● Knowledge of social media best practices
● Excellent skills for planning and executing communications projects
● Skills in directing graphic designing, photography, video editing, and website design
● Strong presentation and communication skills
● Self-starter, proactive in implementing new initiatives
● Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite or similar design software.
● Understanding of design principles.
● Microsoft office suite and Google Suite
● Ability to do basic updates to WordPress site (not necessarily coding)
Christ in the City seeks applicants who demonstrate a deep knowledge and love for the social and moral teachings of the Catholic Church and manifest those qualities by both their ability to articulate those teachings clearly, and by living their lives faithfully and fully in line with the Magisterium of the Catholic Church and its doctrines, morals, and official teachings.
Reports to: Executive Director
Oversees: Communications Assistant, Missionary interns
Time: Full-time, Exempt, 40 hours per week
Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000
Benefits: Medical, dental, visual offered