Saint Mary’s University is seeking to hire a Senior Enrollment Counselor on the Minneapolis campus. This position is responsible for recruitment, outreach and relationship building for the School of Graduate and Professional Programs (SGPP) within an assigned territory. This position will work closely with the Director of Admission and the Assistant Director of Admission for the School of Education in the School of Graduate and Professional Programs in executing our enrollment plan and achieving our objectives. The Senior Enrollment Counselor will build relationships with prospective students and guide them through the recruitment process from initial inquiry through registration, as well as building new and cultivating existing partnerships with educational leaders and school districts throughout Minnesota to grow enrollment for these programs.
- By investing in each prospective student and understanding their goals, build a relationship that allows the counselor to inform and advise prospective students of appropriate graduate programs.
- Collaborates with academic staff on recruiting efforts.
- Participates in on- and off-campus admission events to promote Saint Mary’s University’s programs.
- Assists prospective students with the application and enrollment process.
- Maintains a detailed contact management record to promote positive relationships with prospective students.
- Promptly follows up with new inquiries, prospective students and applicants by telephone, e-mail, and text.
- Meets with prospective students virtually and in-person.
- Assists in the tracking of prospective student inquiries, student appointments, student applications, and acceptances each term.
- Monitors daily application and inquiry activity.
- Identifies application trends and develops recruitment action plans by program.
- Meets established enrollment goals.
- Assists and contributes to special admission projects.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- In collaboration with the University Partnership Director and other stakeholders, maintain and cultivate existing relationships and establish new partnerships with K-12 school leaders to grow enrollment in School of Education programs.
- In collaboration with other stakeholders, identify opportunities and secure audiences in the field with prospective students and/or influencers for our graduate programmatic offerings. Hold information sessions in K-12 schools and make arrangements to meet with interested students individually.
- Lead virtual information sessions and webinars.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Essential Skills and Functions:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Effectively interact, work, and develop relationships with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Work independently while managing multiple tasks.
- Must thrive in a goal-oriented environment.
- Ability to self-initiate and execute projects and plans.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with several areas of the university as well as external partners.
- Comfortable working in and accurately documenting activity in a CRM system (TargetX).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and appropriate follow-up.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively alone and within a team environment.
- Ability to travel.
- Available to work evening and weekend hours, if necessary.
- Observes safety guidelines and follows safety procedures established by the university.
- Support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships and communications at all levels of the organization.
Experience and Education Requirements:
· Master’s degree preferred, ideally in an education related field. K-12 or higher education experience as an administrator and/or teacher.
· May consider other acceptable equivalent combinations of training and experience.
Apply online at https://www.smumn.edu/about/offices-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities/and please include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota believes inclusion and human dignity contributes to a robust academic and work environment and is critical to achieving the University's mission in an increasingly diverse society. Individuals with expertise and diverse skills from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The successful candidate must support, respect, and advance the mission of Saint Mary's University as a Lasallian Catholic institution.
Saint Mary’s offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending, retirement pension plan, and both undergraduate and graduate tuition remission plans.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.