We take great pride in our work, but we always work hard to create a corporate culture that is very friendly, humble, and supportive.
Purpose: To develop, manage, and implement the fundraising plan and to provide additional administrative support to the organization.
Contract Position, 10 - 20 hours per week
Fundraising and Donor Relations
As a non-profit, Spirit Juice Entertainment Group (SJEG) is dependent on a diversified and successful fundraising plan. The Associate Director manages and implements the fundraising plan with the guidance of the Executive Director and the Board of Directors (Board).
- Assist with the development of a strategic long-term fundraising plan
- Manage the fundraising plan on a day-to-day basis
- Participate in fundraising for general administration, programs, site development, and maintenance, through grant writing, donor appeals, capital campaigns, special events, earned income, etc.
- Assist the Executive Director in developing and maintaining excellent relationships with grant funders, and both private and corporate donors
- Conduct grant research, writing, and reporting in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Manage fundraising events
- Maintain complete and accurate fundraising records at all times
Community and Public Relations
- The Associate Director holds some outreach responsibilities and works closely with the Executive Director to present a strong, positive image of SJEG programs, products, and services to relevant stakeholders.
- Assist with the production of key communication tools such as an e-newsletter, other electronic sources, and social media
- Assist with the production of outreach materials (press releases, website updates, and email blasts)
Administrative and Additional Responsibilities
- Attend staff, board, and other relevant meetings as necessary
- Provide various office duties including telephone, paper, and email communication
- Assist with document review and editing
- Take on additional tasks as directed by the Executive Director
- Minimum of two years experience in nonprofit fundraising, including donor relations, grant writing, and reporting
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking and writing
- Experience working with volunteers, non-profits, and community-based organizations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to use computers, including proficiency with Google Meet and the Google Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple demands
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds, including children, the elderly, and people of diverse culture