Jul 13, 2023
Christ in the City
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ministry, Young Adult
Reports To: Program Director
Overview: Provides community and mission oriented support in the daily operations of Christ in the City.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a ready knowledge of the Christ in the City mission to share with others.
- Serves as the primary representative of Christ in the City after work hours in the following areas:
- House Safety
- Enforcing the Rule of Life
- Enforcing co-ed boundaries
- Support and shares in the community life of Christ in the City:
- Present at a minimum of 3 meals per week
- Present at a minimum of one mass per week
- Foster a strong community via once a month community adventure outings and drawing in alumni
- Maintains the living space for the missionaries and keeps missionaries accountable for household duties.
- On-call whenever a missionary seeks help, advice, and discernment.
- Available during orientation sessions.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Promptly responds to requests for information (received via phone, email, mail or in person).
- Participates effectively as a team member through communication, cooperation, information sharing and problem solving.
- Participates in staff trainings and programs as required, including but not limited to:
- Weekly Staff Meeting
- Monthly Staff Development Days
- Yearly Staff Retreat
- Leading prayer once per week including rosary, stations of the cross, etc.
- Any other tasks or duties as assigned.
- Provides oversight and direction to missionaries as well as pertinent information to the Program Director.
- Create community culture that is consistent with the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
- Organization skills and effective communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and the appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently.
- Leading by example, the house facilitator should be devoted and self-disciplined.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to independently analyze household conditions (physical, social and spiritual) and relay this information to the Program Director.
16 hours of work per week. This is an Exchange of Service compensation- room & board will be paid for.
Christ in the City seeks applicants who demonstrate a deep knowledge and love for the social and moral teachings of the Catholic Church and manifest those qualities by both their ability to articulate those teachings clearly, and by living their lives faithfully and fully in line with the Magisterium of the Catholic Church and its doctrines, morals, and official teachings.