The successful candidate for the Director of Advancement role will be a skilled, goal-driven, mission and relationship centered communicator who will seek out and lead the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of philanthropic support at the major donor level to advance the mission of Holy Cross Family Ministries. This position works closely with and supports the National Director of Family Theater Productions (FTP) and other FTP team members, who are based in Hollywood. The Director is responsible for managing an assigned and growing prospect pool in reaching specific annual, major gift, planned and capital related fundraising goals while helping to build a strong culture of philanthropy throughout HCFM which is essential to sustain and grow our program.
• Establish and/or strengthen and secure leadership level philanthropic relationships with an assigned and growing pool of 100 donors believed capable of providing 5 and 6-figure gifts through strategically planned moves management.
• Continually identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors to advance the mission of HCFM.
• Schedule and conduct an average of 16-20+ meetings per month with current and potential donors utilizing a strategically planned moves management program plan for all prospects.
• Engage with assigned donors and prospects in securing support for the mission and work of Family Theatre Productions and other HCFM ministries.
• Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database and wealth screening tools.
• Steward donors through personal visits, phone calls, and written correspondence including personal notes, birthdays, wedding anniversaries, remembrances, event invitations and other personalized strategies.
• Identify, acknowledge, and be prepared to offer support and guidance through professional resources required to pursue and secure planned or estate-giving opportunities.
• Become knowledgeable and fluent in the multiple national and international ministries and programs of Holy Cross Family Ministries, with a particular focus on Family Theater Productions
• Collaborate effectively with the Family Theatre Productions Team, Museum and other Ministry Teams in encouraging, supporting and engaging the entire HCFM in a culture of philanthropy that continually seeks to identify new potential donors and opportunities while affirming and stewarding current donors according to their personal interests and engagement with HCFM.
• Plan and manage cultivation and fundraising events in collaboration with the Family Theatre Production. This includes recruiting event volunteers, building invitation lists, inviting guests, soliciting individual and corporate sponsorships, and following up with guests after events.
• Draft proposals, donor marketing materials, acknowledgment letters, and other written materials as necessary and appropriate.
• Advise and assist the Executive Director in developing the overall strategic advancement program plan with a particular focus on the Western Region
• Fundamental knowledge and belief in the Catholic / Christian faith traditions
• Demonstrated success in personal solicitations and relationship building.
• Experience with planning and managing small and large donor cultivation events.
• Ability to research and identify major donor prospects.
• Excellent writing, speaking and interpersonal communications skills.
• Proven track record in working within complex programs and managing multiple demands.
• Proven ability to make decisions, work independently, and as a team player.
• Ability and willingness to travel extensively throughout the Western Region.
• Understanding and ability to maintain confidential donor information.
• Computer literacy MS Office 365, including Teams, Excel, PowerPoint; Zoom
• Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge or other CRM databases.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Competitive and commensurate with experience and demonstrated success.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5 years+ of proven, demonstrable experience in front-line advancement work with a focus on
securing philanthropic support at the 5 and 6-figure level.
At the time of final interviews, references will be required.