Mission: The mission of the Augustine Institute is to serve the formation of Catholics for the New Evangelization. Through our academic and parish programs, we equip Catholics intellectually, spiritually, and pastorally to renew the Church and transform the world for Christ.
Evaluates and records transactions to ensure the financials are accurate and complete. Supports internal customers, maintains and updates current financial information. Responsible for the completion of basic balance sheet reconciliations and income statement analysis. The Staff Accountant will perform certain month/quarter end close account reconciliations and journal entries. This full-time position will work out of the Augustine Institute home office in Greenwood Village, Colorado, and includes full benefits, and the availability of daily Mass in our chapel.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare reconciliations and roll forwards of accounts
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Review various balance sheet accounts and ensure these accounts are accurately reflected in the financial statements
- Provide support to ensure all activity is recorded in the general ledger in a timely basis
- Work collaboratively with and provide support to other groups within the Augustine Institute to ensure all activity is recorded in the general ledger in a timely manner
- Collaborate on the preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly reports regarding general subject matter and or business areas, performing basic analysis when necessary.
- This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the organization’s needs.
- Working knowledge/understanding of FASB pronouncements and GAAP
- Working knowledge/understanding of fund accounting
- Working knowledge/understanding of internal control best practices
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), email, and similar office productivity tools
- Working knowledge of MS Office Excel, including pivot tables, macros, queries, etc.
- Ability to learn new information technology tools
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Two to four-year college degree in accounting/finance
- Related experience within the accounting field a plus
- Strong aptitude to understand accounting systems and how to extract information
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including medical and other insurances, paid time off, and a 403(b)-retirement plan participation.
- Benefits Include: medical and other insurances, paid time off, and retirement plan participation, the availability of Mass daily onsite, free graduate school participation, and more.
- Relocation: THERE ARE NO RELOCATION REIMBURSEMENTS FOR THIS POSITION. ONLY APPLICANTS RESIDING WITHIN A REASONABLE COMMUTING DISTANCE TO DENVER, CO, WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
In 2005, as a response to the call of Pope St. John Paul II, Catholic scholars established in Denver a graduate school dedicated to transforming Catholic education for the New Evangelization. In July 2015, the Augustine Institute and its partners launched FORMED.org, our digital, state-of-the-art, online platform (often referred to as a “Catholic Netflix”), which makes available the best Catholic content from a host of leading Catholic apostolates.
The Augustine Institute is a registered 501(c)(3) Not-For-Profit Corporation headquartered at Augustine Institute ~ 6160 S Syracuse Way ~ Greenwood Village, CO 80111 ~ 303-937-4420