The Director of Religious Education must be an active disciple of Jesus Christ; able to share their faith and love of the Lord with the young families of our parish and committed to inspiring the next generation of disciples. The Director should understand the opportunities and challenges of evangelizing in today’s culture. The Director of Parish Religious Education is a full-time, twelve-month position. This includes some nights, weekends, and Sunday mornings particularly during the programing year (September through May). Candidate must be a fully initiated and practicing Catholic, in good standing with the Church.
Summary and Basic Objective
Coordinate the Parish Religious Education Programs for approximately 250 parish children who attend public and non-Catholic private school (Grade Level K to 7) including the recruitment, management, training and support of volunteer catechists. Coordinate with our regional school Our Lady of Mercy and the DRE’s of feeder parishes.
Member of Parish Staff
1. Be an active part of the parish team and be “on the same page.”
2. Participate in all staff and other key meetings.
Requirements of our Children’s Faith Formation Program (CFF) Director
1. Sessions are currently held Tuesday afternoon & evening and Sunday morning as well as several evening events.
2. Coordinate sacramental preparation and Liturgies for First Penance, First Holy Communion and Confirmation.
3. Manage communications with families and use of social media, webpage, parish bulletin and email.
4. Participate as an Ex Officio member of the Parish Pastoral Council and Parish Commission for Youth & Family.
5. Participate in vicariate meetings and events sponsored by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia DRE Association.
1. A significant ability to form relationships with parish families and staff members.
3. Experience as a Director or Coordinator of Religious Education or an administrator/teacher preferably in a Catholic School preferred.
Salary and Benefits
Based on experience
As soon as possible
Please email or fax resume with two letters of recommendation to Fr. James McGuinn C/O Barbara Daly, Pastoral Associate email@example.com