Agency Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant for a Knights of Columbus Insurance General Agency will fulfill multiple administrative roles including General Agent and Agency support. This Position is responsible for supporting operational and management daily administrative functions. He or she will be a first point of contact and will be required to exercise independent judgment in communicating via telephone and in-person as a representative of the Agency.
- Supports the General Agent with scheduling, reminders and other activities as needed.
- Coordinates logistics for meetings both internally and externally.
- Generates drafts of letters and other documents as needed.
- Proofreads and edits documents for the Agency.
- Manages special projects as needed for the Agency.
- Receives incoming calls and greets guests; answers inquiries and performs a variety of administrative duties as assigned.
- Serves as point of contact for direct requests from Field Agents and KofC home office.
- Supervises front desk receptionist and volunteers who assist.
- Coordinates and implements special projects.
- Serves as point of contact for agency needs.
- Oversees purchasing, tracking and managing of office supplies with an eye on cost-savings opportunities.
- Manages business card orders for all agency staff and programs
- Performs other duties as required.
- Willingness to uphold Catholic Moral & Social Teaching in the workplace.
- Physical requirement: includes some light lifting up to 25 lbs.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 2+ years' experience as an administrative assistant preferred
- Superb time management skills and the ability to meet multiple deadlines and prioritize tasks a must
- Demonstrated cultural competence and cultural responsiveness
- Ability to act competently in a crisis while maintaining a calm and professional manner
- Ability to be cooperative with other employees to ensure a smooth running, effective office operation
- Organized and flexible with a high degree of integrity, reliability, initiative and adaptability
- Experience utilizing various Microsoft Office software products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication
- Comfortable working in a visibly Catholic environment
- Commensurate with experience
If you are qualified and are interested in this position, please click the APPLY NOW button below and provide us with a cover letter and resume. Thanks for your interest and God bless!