Date: August 27, 2023
Position Available: Project Manager for Personal Vocation and Career Services
Reports To: Dean for Personal Vocation
Department: Office for Personal Vocation
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: Primarily 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; occasional evening and weekend hours
Please apply online: Apply Here
The Project Manager for Personal Vocation and Career Services provides administrative and operational support services for the Career Services, Student Work Opportunity Program (SWOP), the Priestly Discernment Program, and the overall Office for Personal Vocation; in this way the position helps students to discern and respond to their own personal vocations.
· Under the direction of the Director of Career Services, coordinate communication and resources for students, alumni, staff, faculty, and employers including the weekly Career Services Bulletin, online Job Board, Handshake maintenance, student engagement tracking, elective for-credit internship approvals, promotional campaigns, and career- and internship-related inquiries from students, alumni, and employers.
· Under the direction of the Manager for Operations, administer the day-to-day functions of the Student Work Opportunity Program, including but not limited to pre-employment paperwork, reviewing and approving work agreements, troubleshooting timesheet problems, responding to employment verifications, processing student payroll, managing employee files, and updating the database of work positions. Coordinate the Community Service student tutoring program.
· Assist with planning, promotion, registration, and logistics for Personal Vocation and Career Services events including but not limited to employer visits, Career Fairs, Student Employment Fair, Religious Vocations Day, Personal Vocation Month, Orientation and Graduation events, and other on-campus and off-campus outreach events.
· Provide general administrative support to Career Services and Personal Vocation staff; assist with budget preparation and management, purchasing and expense reporting; copying and materials preparation; meeting scheduling. Supervise student assistants to help with these tasks.
· Develop and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with students, staff, faculty, employers, and alumni.
This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list. Additional duties, expectations and responsibilities may be added or changed as needed to meet the needs of the University and the Office for Personal Vocation.
Must understand, support and embrace the mission of Franciscan University of Steubenville and possess the following:
· 1-3 years experience working in a collaborative, fluid office environment.
· 1-3 years experience with accounting, bookkeeping, payroll, or related work.
· 1-3 years experience collecting, analyzing, manipulating, and presenting data.
· 1-3 years experience working with high school students or young adults.
· Customer/Service Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Thinks and acts with the customers’ interests in mind; displays a strong service orientation. Quickly and accurately interprets customer’s needs and recommends optimal solutions.
· Quality of Work: Sets and/or adheres to the standards or expectations of performance set for a given job. Effectively interprets and applies the required policies and procedures that apply to a given job. Consistently checks work for accuracy, appropriateness and completeness. Takes appropriate steps to learn, prepare for and meet the technical standards of the job. Asks questions to clarify expectations; keeps supervisor informed of progress to avoid problems.
· Project Management: Effectively identifies and organizes steps, tasks, resources and timing needed to accomplish goals. Understands how to separate, prioritize and combine tasks into efficient work flow. Defines, communicates and facilitates project outcomes, measures, milestones and completion. Creates and uses reporting and feedback processes to monitor progress and adjust as needed.
· Action Oriented: Displays initiative; doesn’t wait to be told or asked to do something. Comfortable acting in the absence of clear guidance or instructions.
· Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
· Proficiency in Office 365 applications, especially Excel, Word, and Forms.
· Proficiency in using virtual communication platforms (e.g., Zoom, Teams) for meetings and communication.
· Proficiency in creating and implementing print and electronic marketing materials (e.g., Canva, Instagram) is desired.
· Proficiency or experience in web-based career services applications including Handshake, LinkedIn, and Pathway U. is desired.
· Proficiency or experience in payroll management and other business management software is desired.
· Some evenings and weekends required.
Candidates must submit an online application, a resume, a list of references, and a cover letter that demonstrates their fit for the position based on their experience, accomplishments, and skills as well as their desire to advance the mission of Franciscan University.
Please apply online: Apply Here
For other information and job postings, visit our website at https://www.franciscan.edu
Franciscan University of Steubenville is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer.