The mission of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington is to spread the light of Jesus Christ to the world. In the faithful pursuit of that mission, the Archdiocese is seeking an Administrative Assistant in the Secretariat for Catechesis. The Administrative Assistant in the Secretariat for Catechesis will support of the work of the Catechesis team through a broad range of tasks including tracking and maintaining records for Living Catholic and Faith Formation courses. This position reports to the Secretary for Catechesis.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Maintain database of parish registrations for the Rite of Election and Call to Continuing Conversion, provide on-site support on the day of the event.
· Process all High School Religion Teacher certification documentation, follow-up on missing documentation, schedule teacher interviews, prepare certificates.
· Prepare and maintain database of Annual Parish Catechetical Survey reports.
· Maintain all contact lists; updating as needed for accuracy.
· Process and track participation for both Living Catholic and Faith Foundations courses on an online database; prepare certificates of completion.
· Assist with preparation for annual Catechetical Day including staff support, venue preparation, flyer, and advertising development.
· General support for the department as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Practicing Catholic who is committed to the knowledge of the teachings of the Catholic Church.
· Highly organized with excellent follow-up ability.
· Able to confidently handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
· Strong communication skills. Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred.
· Outstanding communication skills in English and Spanish.
· Outstanding client service skills.
· Available for occasional weekends and evenings as requested.
Required Education and Experience
· Administrative support experience.
· Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite products.
· Ability to write and communicate in Spanish, a plus.
· Experience in a parish or faith-based role, a plus.
· Excellent writing and letter composition skills.
· This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
· Full-time, 40 hours per week - Monday through Friday
· Evening and weekend work may be occasionally required.