The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. The IT Support Specialist will function as the first level of support for faculty, staff, and students. Primary responsibilities are to provide IT Helpdesk services including maintenance of the computer desktop environment, troubleshooting, and resolving end-user issues, installing hardware and software.
This position will also be responsible for audio/visual setups, event livestream setups and event onsite support. In addition to the mentioned primary responsibilities, this position will also work closely with the Technology Administrator on various projects to improve network services and infrastructure and other aspects of technology. This is a full-time position that reports to the Technology Administrator.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties below are typically performed by an employee in this classification. However, an employee may not be assigned all duties or may be assigned other related duties not listed.
1. User Support
· Provide prioritized technical assistance and support for faculty and students in classrooms and at the Helpdesk Office.
· Respond to email messages from staff, faculty, and students, and maintain work orders through Freshdesk Ticketing System.
· Assists staff and faculty with line-of-business and educational applications such as SIS, LMS, Microsoft Office 365 and eBook platforms such as Pearson.
· Maintain classroom technology including projectors, video switches and splitters, speakers, cameras, and microphones.
· Aid with Virtual Learning platforms such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom video conferencing.
2. Hardware and Software Support
· Install, configure, and customize Windows 10 on end-user devices.
· Run diagnostic tools to detect and resolve performance issues.
· Coordinate with service depot to resolve device hardware issues.
· Service and replenish supplies for all printers and copiers including toner, ink cartridge and staples.
3. Other Support
· Maintain confidentiality about the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the network.
· Flexibility for support for school events after hours.
· Follow up with users and gather needs through feedback.
· Participate in weekly Technology Committee meetings.
· Work under the supervision of the school’s Technology Administrator.
· With IT Department members, develop technology resources and training customized for students, faculty/staff, and parents.
· Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 8, 10 on both Desktops and tablets.
· Familiarity with Windows Server 2012-2016 OS and Windows LAN services such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and File Server.
· Knowledge of basic Wireless and Wired networking including switches, Cat6 splicing and VLANs.
· Strong Helpdesk troubleshooting and support skills.
· Must be able to multitask and priorities effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism under stressful situations.
· Motivation to learn and explore other technologies and responsibilities.
· Bachelor’s or technical degree in technology-related field, or equivalent technology experience as determined by the administration.
· Current experience as hardware or software technician, with at least CompTIA A+.
· Experience with Microsoft Office desktop Suite and Office 365.