The Philanthropy Director will engage in and be responsible for all aspects of the philanthropic cycle such as a portfolio of prospects/donors including identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement, partnership, and stewardship to contribute to the overall TMS philanthropic goals.
The Philanthropy Director of the Northeast region will oversee the following states: WV, VA, MD, DE, PA, NJ, CT, MA, NY, VT, RI, NH, and ME.
• Supports the Director of Philanthropy with the overall philanthropy strategy for TMS fundraising efforts by designing, implementing, evaluating, and refining the major gifts program for gifts $5,000 and above.
• Actively manage a portfolio of approximately 200 prospects/donors.
• Create Moves Management strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward prospects/donors.
• Ensure consistent and appropriate contact, facilitate, or make solicitations, and ensure effective stewardship.
• Assist in identification and qualification of new prospects and donors in assigned region.
• Coordinate virtual and in-person meetings to cultivate donor and prospect relationships.
• Collaborate with Philanthropy Team on appeals and giving campaigns.
• Prepare written materials such as proposals, solicitations, reports, and appeal letters.
• Record and report key metrics through use of internal tracking systems.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Proven fundraising track record with demonstrated ability in securing major gifts from individuals, corporations, foundations, and other private funding sources.
• Skilled in planning and implementing long and short-range philanthropy initiatives in conjunction with strategic planning processes.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with prospects, donors, and/or volunteers in a wide range of roles.
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or CFRE preferred.
• Minimum three (3) years of fundraising or sales experience.
• Experience managing a donor pipeline; familiarity with fundraising software and database(s) a plus.
• Database management skills — DonorPerfect preferred.
•Supportive of TMS positions on life, family, and freedom.
•Active faith life in accord with Christian teachings.