The Webmaster is responsible for managing an integrated digital presence and overarching websites, overseeing the day-to-day operations of the websites to ensure the Archdiocese has the most up to date content for evangelization and communications, their availability, reliability, and optimal performance, while contributing to the ongoing strategic evolution of the Archdiocese online.
He/she will also serve as a technical liaison with various internal and external Information Technology (IT) partners to ensure a consistent underlying code base and an ongoing focus on delivering superior user experience for our various audiences. The Webmaster is part of the Communications Secretariat (Department).
Duties and Responsibilities
· Update daily content on The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington website and two Archdiocesan newspaper websites.
· Some development of graphic art and web design.
· Collaborate with other Archdiocesan departments on ongoing webpage updates and designs, as well as other digital needs for evangelization and parishioner engagement.
· Assist with social media strategy and engagement.
· Patch and update WordPress and WordPress modules.
· Implement responsive design layouts and content elements
· Address technical questions and issues related to content entry and display
· Debug and fix technical issues
· Review logs and analytics
· Perform ongoing security scans and link checks
· Monitor and optimize the website’s performance
· Maintain and enforce technical governance and process standards
· Gather technical requirements and develop project plans
· Recommend technological advancements and collaborate with other teams regarding ongoing site improvements
Requirements and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related fields, or graphic design experience with strong web skills; additional technical certifications are a plus.
· 3 years of experience in a technology field; managerial experience is a plus
· Background in web design and modern design practices
· Knowledge of WordPress, HTML, CSS, JS, SQL, GIT and SEO
· Strong communication skills, especially with abstract concepts
· Ability to manage multiple websites, prioritize tasks, work independently, and
· Practicing Roman Catholic is preferred.
This job operates as a hybrid work position - with some remote work hours and some required in-office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time Exempt position. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.