The Formation Specialists is our in-house digital storyteller. S/he is a practicing Roman Catholic, with strong understanding of the Catholic faith, teachings, and traditions and who understands how to develop content that is engaging and inspiring. Utilizing his/her technical skills, the Formation Specialist will manage our online learning platform, build relationships with content partners and raise awareness of the Institute for Catholic Formation and all it can do to accompany the faithful on their individual journeys of faith.
The Formation Specialist must be familiar with all aspects of the Diocese of Bridgeport and the Institute for Catholic Formation. S/he must understand good pedagogy and have a strong grasp on the teachings of the Catholic Church.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assess the learning needs of constituencies, including catechetical leaders, liturgical ministers, and parents
· Create engaging courses and learning paths, including video and content
· Collaborate with web developers to plan and develop site content, style, and layout
· Publish weekly newsletters highlighting new content
· Write and edit blog posts
· Collaborate with St. John Paul II Center for Communication and Evangelization to ensure consistency in messaging, marketing, and scheduling
· Collaborate with Catholic authors, publishers, and independent artists to create content for LEAD ensuring brand consistency as well as manage the platform and troubleshoot
· Repurpose content to fit other medias
· Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
· Develop an editorial calendar and collaborate with entire Institute team for input
· Ensure compliance with law (e.g., copyright and data protection)
· Update web content to ensure it is current and accurate
· Stay current when it comes to recommended practices and latest trends so as to draw audience’s attention to content.
· Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· BS in Education, Marketing, Digital Design or relevant field, or equivalent experience
· Two to four years’ prior experience managing websites, learning management systems, and/or similar systems
· Catholic in good standing with a deep knowledge of the faith
· Creative thinker and writer
· Excellent writing skills in English; Bilingual speaker/writer preferred
· Hands on experience with MS Office and WordPress; prior experience with LEAD preferred
· Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
· Ability to use Rise360 and Articulate
· Familiarity with social media
· Strong attention to detail
· Good organizational and time-management skills
· Ability to work independently with little supervision completing work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments
· Exhibits a professional manner in all dealings with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships. Relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company.
About The Institute for Catholic Formation
The Institute’s essential mission is to help parishes reimagine faith formation by thinking beyond programs. To engage the faithful in lifelong learning, we must help parish leaders offer opportunities that lead to a meaningful encounter with the person of Jesus Christ. This encounter leads to a desire to know and serve the Lord, which the Institute helps facilitate through its formation opportunities. What follows is a genuine response to missionary discipleship, which is faith lived out and, in turn, draws others to encounter our Lord.
LEAD is the online learning platform, created by the Diocese of Bridgeport in concert with web developers at Fivable, LLC. The platform hosts more than 300 courses and 8,000 learners to date. In additional to online formation, LEAD is used for event registration, online communities, resource sharing, and communicating with ministry leaders. The Formation Specialist will manage the platform, troubleshoot, build new content, and more. Applicants who do not have prior experience with LEAD may become familiar with it by creating an account. To do so and for more information, please visit https://bridgeport.leadlms.com/register