Provide various forms of direct pastoral and administrative support to all diocesan clergy and ministries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Serve as a primary contact point for priests, deacons, and other pastoral leaders on questions related to ministry.
- Assist with implementation of diocesan policies regarding diaconal and priestly life and ministry.
- Assist in intake and response to questions and concerns about clergy ministry performance.
- Care for clergy files and information in accordance with canon law and diocesan policy.
- Support retired clergy in arranging for healthcare and personal healthcare-related documents
- Assist clergy in creating and maintaining Advanced Directives, Wills, funeral plans, etc.
- Assist in identifying the ministry needs of the diocese to ensure proper assignment and distribution of clergy.
- Assist in providing opportunities for the ongoing human, spiritual, intellectual, and pastoral formation of clergy.
- Assist in the pastoral care of priests, deacons and their wives and children, and widows of deacons as appropriate.
- Ensure that clergy receive timely communication of information and resources related to ministry.
- Maintain contact with pastors, ministries, agencies, diocesan offices, and other appropriate parties regarding the ministry of deacons and priests.
- Maintain professional contact and coordination with religious superiors and local ordinaries from institutes and extern dioceses which provide clergy for ministry in the Diocese of Nashville.
- Transition support for incoming clergy in areas of Safe Environment, assignments, and diocesan orientation.
- Welcome international priests into the diocese by coordinating work authorizations and other immigration matters.
- Arrange assistance for parishes when emergency clergy coverage is needed.
- Assist parish and ministry leaders in responding appropriately to unexpected events, with crisis and emergency management as needed.
- Administrative support to the Priest Benefit Foundation. Review and reimburse healthcare expenses for priests.
- Provide support, organization, and structure to implement the Pastoral Plan for Pro-Life Activities.
- Assist in coordination of USCCB special collections and serve as local Director of Catholic Relief Services.
- Support special ministries of the diocese, including those which minister to particular ritual, cultural, or language communities, as well as prison ministry and other chaplaincies.
- Assist those responsible for providing pastoral care and the administration of sacraments for patients and their loved ones in local Catholic hospitals and other care facilities.
- Develop Pastoral Care resources for ministry.
- Collaborate with healthcare organizations in the education and training of pastoral ministers in healthcare facilities.
- General assistance in diocesan administration relative to the clergy, at the direction of the Vicar General.
- General assistance in diocesan administration relative to parish/ministry life, at the direction of the Vicar General.
- Pastoral Care Coordinator
- Office of Clergy and Pastoral Support Administrative Assistant
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree minimum. Masters degree in a theological discipline or counseling preferred
- Ordination to the Diaconate is preferred, but not strictly required
- Pastoral experience and training.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of the clergy and ministries of the Diocese of Nashville.
- Knowledge and experience with immigration law.
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment and computers, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet.