Chief Executive Officer is responsible for:
· Create monthly financial statements for review by finance committee and board of directors.
· Develop annual operating budget for approval by the foundation board of directors.
· Execute independent outside accounting audit annually.
· Maintain annual contracts with vendors.
· Work with donors and ministries to set up and maintain funds.
· Oversee gift acceptance, endowment spending policies and all policies and procedures established by the Foundation.
· Oversee the organizational structure, supervise professional and support staff.
· Make presentations to parish and school finance council about opportunities with the Foundation.
· Attend meetings of Foundation Audit Committee, Finance Committee, Investment Committee, and the diocesan Finance Council.
· Manage financial matters of the Foundation (including relationships with financial advisors, foundation bank, outside auditors).
· Participate as voting member of Governance Committee of the Foundation
· Work with donors on the Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO) for Catholic school tax credits.
· Work with the Foundation Board, the Chief Finance Officer, Diocese of Salina, and the Bishop of Salina to set the priorities and strategic direction for the Foundation and the diocese.
· Plan, design, implement and manage a comprehensive development strategy consistent with the bishop’s and diocesan initiatives in order to secure financial support necessary to carry out the ministry of the Church in the Diocese of Salina.
· Develop and implement a systematic process for donor engagement, recognition, and stewardship cultivation. Report regularly to the Foundation Board and the Bishop on all development activities and opportunities for advancing the mission.
· Build great relationships with lead donors.
· Further document the planned giving program for the benefit of the diocese and its parishes, ministries, and Catholic schools.
· Coordinate the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major gift relationships through present and deferred gifts to ensure a strong base of ongoing financial support.
· Ensure prompt and accurate gift processing/donor acknowledgment, stewardship, recognition of gifts.
· Oversee submission of proposals and annual reports for grant requests from Catholic Extension, Catholic Home Missions, and other foundations.
· Keep current on trends in philanthropy and tax legislation affecting charitable giving.
· Consult with parishes, Catholic schools, and other ministries offering advice and counsel with respect to stewardship, training, offertory enhancement, capital campaigns, estate planning and other development initiatives.
· Cultivate positive relationships with diocesan department chairs and ministry personnel, Pastors, parish staff, volunteers, and parishioners.
· Identify and maintain effective working relationships with related professionals such as attorneys, accountants, estate planners, trust officers, financial advisors, bankers, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
Minimum of 5 years of executive leadership experience and responsibility preferred. Understanding of financial investment principals and strategies. Understanding of financial statements, general ledger, non-profit financial reporting. Strategic leadership in development, with knowledge of estate planning and planned giving strategies and demonstrated success with major gift solicitation, stewardship and planned giving programs is strongly preferred. Experience with the Catholic Church/background in capital campaigns, development activities, donor experiences and endowments is preferred. Candidate should be a fluent user of Microsoft Office, with practical familiarity of various donor database software solutions preferred.
A demonstrated supportive and energetic attitude toward the Church, her teachings and her work. Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and maintain confidentiality. A service-minded leader, diplomatic yet decisive, a good listener and results-oriented strategist, adept at planning, prioritizing, organizing, and follow-through. Can execute and deliver results.
Please Note: As you discern about this opportunity, there will be unexpected blessings that will come your way; guaranteed!
Join us in this mission.