The main purpose of this position is to provide clerical support to the principal and be the receptionist for the parish school. This position involves a variety of standardized and routine administrative tasks such as typing, receptionist functions, data entry, and updating record-keeping systems within well-defined office procedures with limited supervision.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers and screens all incoming calls (parents, potential new families, vendors, etc.). Placing telephone calls of a general nature to parents as needed.
- Maintain student records and files both hard copy and digitally as directed.
- Maintains student attendance records.
- Prioritizes/triages questions or issues to determine the necessity of intervention by the principal.
- Handles opening and closing of academic year functions.
- Open, sort and distribute mail.
- Interacts daily with students, staff, parents, volunteers and general public in a professional, confidential and diplomatic manner.
- Ensures coverage for faculty; arranges for and handles substitute services as needed.
- Assists substitutes when they report to the office for their assignment. Assists in the maintenance of all faculty absences and substitute payroll information as directed.
- Provides information concerning parish and school policies, procedures, actions and activities; assists with scheduling and maintenance of events in the parish and school activity calendars.
- Monitor the health room and aid students in health matters.
- Ability to work confidentially with discretion. Handle confidential information regarding families and colleagues at the parish and school.
- Complete work independently in a timely manner with numerous interruptions.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Easily adapt to changing activities and workloads; work positively and cooperatively with others.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred; bilingual is defined as fluency in reading, writing and speaking both languages.
Work schedule is August through June. Hourly rate depends on experience. Applicants must submit a completed application and a resume with references to St. Joseph Catholic Church, Attn: Pastoral Assistant for Administration, 6600 Highland Dr., Vancouver, WA 98661 or emailed to email@example.com.
Application materials and a full job description are available at https://stjoevan.org/jobs Position is open until filled.