Description: Saint William is the largest Catholic Church in the Austin diocese with over 6,800 registered families, a multi-million dollar budget, 50+ part-time and full-time staff on 30 acres of property. We are a vibrant parish seeking a full-time Director of Music Ministries who is a strong servant leader with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment. The Director of Music Ministries will use this position to strengthen the Music Ministry at Saint William in conjunction with the Pastor's vision and become an effective member of the Saint William staff.
• Be an effective and collaborative member of the Saint William staff
• Collaborate with the Liturgy Coordinator
• Effective communicator, verbal and written
• Regularly recruit and retain volunteers for all choirs
• Create a sense of community among all choirs at Saint William
• Work with each Mass Choir leader to unite and unify the choirs towards the vision of music ministry at Saint William
• In cooperation with choir leaders, coordinate, schedule, and implement all music related events including by not limited to Sunday Masses, Children’s Choir, Holy Days of Obligation, Advent, Lent, Christmas, and Easter
• Coordinate all administrative tasks related to the needs of the music ministry including but not limited to music parts, worship aids, music binders, etc.
• Oversee the music ministry budget
• Maintain all required music licenses and copyright reporting
• Maintain the music library and music equipment, including a regular tuning schedule for the organ and pianos
• Coordinate cantors and musicians (as needed) for funerals, weddings, quinceañeras
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor of Music, preferred
• Experience working with volunteers
• Accompanist experience, preferred
• Experience teaching Music
• Ability to teach vocal techniques at all levels
• Unifying leader
• Experience leading adult and children’s choir
• Bilingual (Spanish), preferred
How to Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter to Dcn. Victor Lara at email@example.com.