We are looking for a committed teacher to work with our mental and behavioral health patients, that will complement our qualified mental health treatment team. The teacher will be responsible for tutoring patients in their online academic curriculum (i.e. K12.com, Edgenuity.com), supervising the school room, assisting in handling behavioral crisis’s along with the rest of the team, and creating academic progress reports for the parents. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to patients while also helping them develop their personalities and skills.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to patients and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process. The goal is to help cultivate the patients interest in education, to develop and improve social skills in the classroom and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Provide individualized instruction to each patient by promoting interactive learning, understanding that patients have different learning styles and mental health issues that are impacting their education.
- Oversee each patients’ individualized academic curriculum to continue the patients’ academic needs while in residential treatment.
- Create and distribute educational content as needed (notes, summaries, assignments etc.)
- Assess and record patients’ progress and provide grades and feedback
- Maintain a tidy, orderly and safe classroom
- Collaborate with other teachers, parents and staff members and participate in regular meetings
- Plan and execute educational in-class and outdoor activities and events
- Observe and understand patient’s behavior and psyche and report suspicions of neglect, abuse etc.
- Create and reinforce classroom rules
- Speak clear and concise to patients, other members of the treatment team, parents and administration officials.
- Licensed in any state as a teacher.
- Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Attends at least 12 staff meetings annually, reads and returns all monthly staff meeting minutes.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department.
If you are Qualified and interested in this position, please click the APPLY NOW button below and submit your resume, a cover letter and list of references. Thanks You and God bless!